Genworth Financial, Inc. (NYSE: GNW) is a leading Fortune 500 insurance holding company dedicated to helping people secure their financial lives, families and futures. Headquartered in Richmond, VA, Genworth has approximately 6,400 employees operating through three divisions around the world. For more information on employment opportunities, please visit genworth.com/employment.
The Senior Investment Analyst will be responsible for analyzing and monitoring the performance of investment portfolios that back insurance liabilities.
Duties will include the following:
- Perform analysis and communicate Investment results to portfolio management and business line leaders. Analysis includes the evaluation of book values, book yields / earned investment income, cash flows and credit impacts.
- Perform monthly and quarterly close support focused on attribution analysis of reported results
- Analyze and attribute projection changes versus liability pricing assumptions, prior forecasts and operating plans
- Responsible for developing asset projections for monthly forecasting, multi-year forecasts, and operating plan forecast processes. Projections include cash flows, book values, book yields, earned investment income and capital gains and losses
- Support asset liability matching and other asset strategy development for specific portfolios
- Effectively communicate projections to portfolio management and business line leaders
- Play a critical role redesigning and improving current projection models
- Support other process improvement initiatives
* 3-5 years financial and/or insurance experience
* Strong analytical & problem solving skills
* Proven communication skills, and the ability to effectively influence business and investment leaders
* Knowledge of basic investment assets / products and markets
* Applied knowledge of financial and accounting concepts
* Proficient in Excel, Powerpoint, and Access
* Initiative and desire to drive change and enhance processes
* Comfortable working in a matrix reporting environment
* Experience in investments finance and analysis
* MBA, CFA or equivalent
Genworth Financial, Inc. is a leading Fortune 500® insurance holding company dedicated to helping people secure their financial lives....