Aequitas Capital Management, Inc. (“Aequitas Capital”), with over $500 million in assets under management, was founded in 1993 as an alternative investment management company specializing in private credit and equity market strategies within healthcare, education and financial services. The firm combines these disciplines through innovation and excellence in addressing institutional and private client needs, leveraging a robust financial and operational infrastructure.
The Senior Investor Relations Professional reports to the SVP, Sales & Marketing (RIA, PWM), and is responsible for delivering exceptional service actively managing client relationships while supporting the Aequitas sales and network origination teams across different operating units. This is a full-cycle prospect/client-experience role that entails management of systems to capture and distribute leads, maintain a sales funnel, and report on pipeline status. The Senior Investor Relations Professional is the primary point of contact for existing and potential clients who may have questions or concerns, or may be prepared to consider other or new Aequitas investment opportunities. The clients supported will be UHNW investors with >$1MM invested, and Institutional RIA’s/Family Offices sold direct through our Financial Services Business Development Team, our SVP of PWM and our VP of Investor Solutions.
- Manage and operate SalesForce CRM to drive optimal use and adoption
- Analyze Hubspot (automated marketing and web analytics) data and other sales lead sources (phone calls, conferences and events, referrals)for entry into CRM
- Distribute leads to appropriate sales personnel
- Produce sales pipeline reporting and sales meeting agendas for EVP
- Conduct regular client outreach (including exec’s clients) to measure satisfaction, explore possible new investment opportunities, and confirm follow-through on origination efforts of the sales team
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Answer calls, emails and letters from clients promptly and professionally
- Contact eligible Aequitas investors with new investment opportunities
- Process orders for new Aequitas investments – series 7 license required
- Anticipate and manage conference sponsorships and attendance, coordinating with Aequitas Marketing and Communications department
- Compile information on possible conferences and events including: attendees, costs, and past productivity. Provide analysis and recommendations on conferences/event sponsorship or participation
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required by the company
Licenses: FINRA Series 7 securities license required (or the ability to obtain within 60-days of hire)
Education: BS/BA in Finance, Communications, Business Administration or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- 4+ years of experience in financial services industry delivering world-class service to sophisticated, highly demanding clients
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff as part of a results driven, team oriented environment
Special Information (Travel required, physical requirements, etc.):
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills (samples required)
- High degree of emotional intelligence, the ability to discern when a sales message is and is not appropriate
- Leadership driving the effective use and adoption of automated sales and CRM tools including SalesForce
- Comfortable communicating with individuals at all levels across the organization
- Proficient with MS Office applications and project management software and processes
- Demonstrated experience applying creative and critical thinking skills in a professional environment
- Highly motivated and self-directed but with proven performance as part of a team
- An organized and effective project manager, skilled at seeing the big picture and identifying, documenting and tracking tasks to facilitate on-time and cost-efficient completion
- Technical ability to support the investor due diligence process
- The successful candidate will have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to perform in a dynamic and changing work environment
Aequitas Capital offers a competitive base salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, life and disability benefits, as well as an employer-match 401(k) plan.
- Additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals and projects
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to travel as required for the job
Aequitas Capital Management, Inc. - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard
Established in 1993, Aequitas Capital Management is an alternative investment firm providing private equity and commercial finance products...