Currently, we have an opening for a high-performing Senior J2EE Engineer. This highly valued, strategic position is responsible to design, develop, test, and maintain J2EE applications for Beachbody LLC. He or she will be a key contributor to performing development activities on the Market-Live e-commerce platform that hosts several of our websites.
This challenging position will act in a lead capacity on complex applications, sophisticated data processing problems and act as a subject matter expert regarding J2EE development. The ideal candidate must have knowledge of best practice software development and proven history in superior Java development principles of designing methods of processing data; technical report writing; independent verification and validation and statistical methods. You must have the ability to write complex programs and develop detailed program specifications; analyze data and situations, reason logically and creatively, identify problems, draw valid conclusions, and develop effective solutions; apply creative thinking in the design and development of high velocity ecommerce applications.
About Your Duties:
In this position, you will be responsible for:
About Your Experience:
- Designing, developing, testing and maintaining applications for Beachbody based on Struts/Spring/Hibernate.
- Working with project managers and ensure that all project milestones are met.
- Developing Java/J2EE applications on the Market-Live e-commerce platform.
- Investigating and resolve production issues.
- Working collaboratively with peers and other teams such as QA, PMO and Business Analysis.
- Working closely with external teams for ongoing development.
- Developing automated unit tests.
- Providing technical estimates for development efforts.
- Providing solutions to requirements presented by the Business Analysts.
- Deploying the applications in Development, QA, and Production environments.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field and at least 4 years experience or equivalent training.
- 6+ years of practical experience highly preferred, including responsibility as lead developer on the presentation layer of an enterprise software product or service.
- Recent project experience with Spring/Struts/Hibernate.
- Broad background in web application architectures.
- Experience with databases in general and Oracle in particular.
- Experience with unit testing and test-driven development.
- Strong knowledge of browser compatibility issues, DOM, AJAX architectures and libraries.
- Experience with ant.
- Experience with Agile Software Development and Scrum projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business term
Beachbody, creator of the nation’s most popular in-home fitness and weight loss solutions including P90X®, Insanity®, and Brazil Butt Lift®, among many others, is a rapidly growing fitness company.
Founded in 1998 on the simple principle of helping people achieve their goals and enjoying healthy, fulfilling lives, Beachbody offers an unprecedented opportunity to be a part of a global movement where your work is valued and measurable.
Decidedly un-corporate, Beachbody encourages employees, or Dudes as we call them, to bring their unique selves to work, employ a progressive mindset, have fun, and G.S.D. (Get Stuff Done). Your personality and willingness to embrace our culture is equally important as your skills and resume. We are passionate about what we do and expect the same from you.
Our founders, Carl Daikeler and Jon Congdon, have created a highly collaborative and energetic atmosphere complete with competitive compensation, bonus opportunities, comprehensive benefits, free Shakeology, hourly fitness classes, and product discounts. Beachbody is an equal opportunity employer and is always looking for humble, top-notch talent prepared to influence positive change.
Body-conscious consumers keep Beachbody (formerly Product Partners, LLC) busy. Founded in 1998 by CEO Carl Daikeler and president Jon...