As a Senior Systems Developer, you will be responsible for leading the analysis and the development of modifications to packaged or custom software and/or developing new solutions to support specific business needs. You will work closely with other Systems Developers, Associate Systems Developers, Project Managers, and Business Analysts to develop or maintain systems as designed.
A Systems Developer must have skill in converting specifications and procedures of high complexity into application and software solutions. This person will be able to create, modify, and extend Java applications leveraging Oracle, Hibernate, Struts, and other java structures. This person writes and communicates moderately to very complex functional and technical specifications. Communicates well both verbally and in writing. Is able to document code and assist in creating technical specifications from business requirements. Participates in the ongoing development of technical best practices and overall team development.
The Senior Systems Developer is expected to perform design activities with an enterprise mindset. This involves understanding the complex interplay between mission critical applications, and the underlying architecture of applications themselves. Some of these key applications include Capella's online courseroom, online portal - iGuide, Capella Mobile platform and other web services that the team develops.
- Performs analysis assistance, development (coding), and implementation of modifications to purchased or custom applications, or developing new custom software to enhance value to the business per designed specifications.
- Provides level 3 support of development after implementation of enterprise applications
- Collaborates with project team members and other information technology colleagues to create architecture and systems from defined customer requirements.
- Participates and develops new software releases, assists in creating test plans, and assists in creating implementation plans.
- Troubleshoots and recommends solutions to existing production issues.
- Is able to document code and assist in developing end-user support plans.
- Participates in the software selection process for new enterprise applications
- Provides oversight and general best practice tools and techniques to associate level developers
- Participates in the ongoing development of technical best practices with other IT Development staff.
- Associates degree (Bachelors preferred) from a college or university in Business Administration or Computer Science.
- Seven plus (7+) years experience in software development, systems implementation, and packaged software integrations.
- Seven plus (7+) years experience with three or more of the following: Oracle, Java, Java Script, Glassfish, IIS, Tomcat
- 4+ years experience leveraging the J2EE application development platform including Hibernate, Struts, Spring, JUnit, etc.
- Cross-browser compatibility web development skills (IE, Firefox, Safari)
- Section 508 compatibility web development skills
- Or equivalent combination of education, experience and area of expertise
225 South 6th Street, 9th Floor
Minneapolis, MN 55402
How To Apply
Click the apply now button and apply to this job opening. You will be prompted to either login using an existing user ID and password or register for a new account.
About Capella University
Capella University is an online university built on graduate degrees, with more than 39,000 students throughout the U.S. and in other countries. Founded in 1993 to provide advanced educational opportunities for working professionals, Capella has become a national leader in online education, offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs. The university's success is built upon a culture that promotes human potential, achievement, innovation, integrity, collaboration, and teamwork. Capella Education Company (CPLA), parent company of Capella University, is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. Capella Education was named to the Inc. 500 Hall of Fame for being listed as one of the nation's fastest-growing companies for 7 consecutive years. Capella University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, located at 30 N. LaSalle Street, Suite 2400, Chicago, IL 60602-2504, (312) 263-0456, www.ncahigherlearningcommission.org
Equal Employment Opportunity
Capella is committed to the development of a multicultural environment. We seek greater diversity in our faculty and staff to broaden our academic experience and to reflect the diversity within our learner community. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and perspectives across the university and our corporate offices. Our goal is to create academic and business communities that are rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Capella is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
Where Academic Excellence is Online
As a regionally accredited institution offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs in...