For this contract position as a Software Development Engineer with Java, J2EE, Maven and Hibernate skills. This candidate will also maintain some 200 scripts in Perl. You must be able to provide complex code modification, testing and debugging. You are expected to provide high level analysis related to software design and development and solve problems.
- Design and code complex units / modules / products that meet functional and business requirements on schedule and within budget.
- Perform unit / module testing of software to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications.
- Fix bugs, add enhancements, and convert software to other platforms.
- Assist quality assurance team by providing assistance to testers and support personnel as needed to determine system problems.
- Collaborate with quality assurance in creation of their test plans and participate in reviews.
- Evaluate impact of software performance, and recommend changes to software design team.
- Write and maintain documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Provide product content to Technical Writers.
- Assist in strategic research and design as directed.
- Set up software configuration control and software development environments including program source control to ensure reliable backups and source code integrity.
- Provide input to establish and improve departmental processes and procedures.
- Develop plans outlining steps and time tables for developing programs and communicate plans and status to management and other development team members.
- Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in Computer Science or related discipline, Master's degree or global equivalent a plus
- Typically 5 or more years of experience in software development, Level 2 Support or a related field
- Required technologies: Java, J2EE, Spring Framework, Maven / Hibernate, Perl
- Advanced design / debugging / coding skills
- Complex problem solving skills
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Analytical skills
- Technical skills
- Quality management
- Leadership skills and ability
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Awareness of language and cultural issues related to localization of software
Compucom Systems, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, helps companies plan, implement and manage multi-vendor, industry-standard computing...