Duties and Responsibilities:
Designs, develops, and implements web-based Java applications to support business requirements. Follows approved life cycle methodologies, creates design documents, and performs program coding and testing. Resolves technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Designing, developing, implementing and maintaining web-based Java applications that support business requirements and achieve high levels of quality and end-user satisfaction
- Providing technical leadership for software-development projects and applications.
- Participating in the full development life cycle including requirements analysis & documentation, design, development, testing and deployment of Java -based applications and Web sites.
- Assist in creation and execution of project plans.
- Analyzing user requirements and translating them into written technical specifications.
- Participating in code reviews to ensure applications support existing architecture and follow the defined framework guidelines and coding standards.
- Developing creative solutions and functional prototypes to demonstrate proof of concepts and to enable rapid iterative testing of design ideas.
- Mentoring other developers.
- 6 to 8 years of experience as a software developer is required.
- Experience developing Java applications for Sun servers, Linux servers and Oracle databases is required.
- A bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related field is required.
- Candidate should be familiar with WebLogic servers, JBoss servers, Java, J2EE, Servlets/JSPs, Sun’s JDK, Eclipse, Struts, Swing, EJB 3.0, JDBC, XML and XSL
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to work effectively with project managers and team members to provide support as both an independent operator and team player.
- Must present a professional manner and be comfortable briefing the CIO and Assistant CIOs on recommendations and solutions.
- Must be a US Citizen or current Green Card Holder, able to pass a Federal Government Background Investigation.
EES, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for diversity. Careers with EES, LLC. feature excellent growth, very competitive health and welfare benefits, and 401(k) program with a Company match.
- A master's degree in Information Technology or a related field.
Please forward your resume along with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org , placing Senior Java Developer (13-033) in the subject line. All resumes go directly to a recruiter for consideration. Candidates only, no agencies.
Energy Enterprise Solutions, LLC - 22 months ago