Our Information Technology department is seeking a Senior Java Developer. The successful candidate will be responsible for configuring and customizing Guidewire solutions as well as developing and maintaining Java/J2EE based integration interfaces between Guidewire and other systems. This is a technical role which requires object-oriented programming skills, understanding of object-oriented analysis and design, J2EE application architecture, Web services and XML experience.
- Work closely with the solution analysts to understand business requirements and provide innovative solution using package solution.
- Configure and develop business rules for the package solution.
- Develop, test, debug and document integration interfaces in accordance with architectural guidelines and practices.
- Understand and work from business requirements documentation (Use Cases, UML as well as traditional software specifications).
- Apply industry standard object-oriented programming best practices and J2EE design patterns.
- Develop, test and maintain Web Services and Java components.
- Plan, initiate and conduct unit and integration testing of applications as well as facilitate system testing.
- Support and troubleshoot production implementations.
- Work to resolve complex technical issues and understand system performance associated with the solution.
- As a part of a project team, share technical and product knowledge with other team members.
- Participate in technology/tools evaluation and software technical proof of concepts.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to less senior developers.
- Provide technical leadership on projects as necessary.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Bachelors Degree in related field required.
- Sun Certified Java Developer (SCJD) preferred.
- Familiarity with J2EE design patterns, software architecture concepts and web application security.
- Excellent object-oriented programming (Java, C++) skills, very good analytical and design skills.
- Strong UML knowledge.
- Strong XML knowledge.
- Strong understanding of relational database technologies and SQL.
- Strong knowledge of J2EE component architecture.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Java, JDBC, Web Services,
, XML/XSLT, JSP
- Transfer protocols (HTTP, FTP, EDI etc.)
- Understanding of HTML/DHTML,
NJM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, click on the Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which may take 15 – 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
New Jersey Manufacturers Insurance Group is the state's largest writer of Workers' Compensation and Personal Auto Insurance and numbers...