We are looking for an individual with a proven track record of building high performance, reliable, scalable online hosted Java applications to join our Engineering Team. In this position, you will work closely with other platform engineers, product management, and operations staff.
- Qualified candidate must be able to step into a small but dynamic team of engineers and hit the ground running, taking ownership of key existing components and new product functionality.
- Must be a hard worker and great team player, able to contribute to architecture and implementation.
- Must be able to work independently and work well with local and remote team members.
- 4 (+) years of experience writing software for J2EE / Java platforms and Infrastructure.
- 6 (+) years of overall technical experience in positions of increasing responsibility.
- Experience and success working in Agile development environments, ability to work independently or as part of small teams.
- Experience developing high performance web services using REST style interfaces.
- Proven experience delivering 24/7 applications designed for high availability, performance and scalability.
- Passion for problem solving, debugging, software patterns, and continuous improvement in software, technology and process.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We know that our employees are our most valuable resource, and we provide them with competitive compensation, great benefits, and stock options.
- Experience writing software to run on JBoss J2EE application server
- Extensive experience using JPA/EJB3/Hibernate
- Experience using data storage technologies including Oracle RDBMS for OLTP / OLAP, NoSQL technologies, memcached, high performance message queues.
- Familiarity with other programming languages such as PHP, Python, Ruby.
- Familiarity using payment service APIs (e.g. PayPal)
- Java XML document building and parsing libraries
- Experience with scrum software development.
Live Gamer, Inc. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard