The Senior Java Developer should have experience building RESTful services using Java.
What you’ll be doing:
• Development, documentation, and maintain multi-tenant backend services.
• Work closely with operations to build large-scale backend services.
• Write API documentation, samples and other materials to share with internal and external developers.
• Providing technical consultation and expertise to Product Managers and other Synacor staff members.
What you'll bring to the table:
• A minimum of 2-5 years development experience in large-scale database-driven applications using Java.
• BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
• Extensive experience with web infrastructure, distributed systems, databases, or performance analysis.
• Experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, Riak or Cassandra.
• Experience with caching proxies like Varnish or Squid.
• Knowledge of Hadoop, pig or hive highly preferred.
• Knowledge of Solr or other search platform highly preferred.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate.
What we’ll bring to the table:
• Competitive compensation package
• Award winning company culture
• Casual dress and flexible environment
• 25 cent vending machines
• Free Spot coffee, popcorn and cappuccino
• Monthly company connections (get to know your co-workers)
• The opportunity to make a difference!
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace . Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending machines. Jeans and t-shirts are typical office attire, even for the executives. Teamwork is an everyday occurrence, and is made easy with our new open workspaces. Our leadership team understands that the best results come from collaboration, so we hire the best and brightest and then let them do what they do best: create cutting-edge products and provide exemplary customer service. Synacor's headquarters is located along Buffalo's waterfront in the Erie Basin Marina. Taking a few minutes to enjoy the serenity of nature is as easy as walking 1,000 feet or so to the water. We even have a lakefront gazebo with wi-fi connection! And if that’s not enough, Synacor pays 100% of health care premiums for employees AND dependents, offers stock option participation, a healthy bonus potential and a very generous paid time off policy. Working with some of the largest cable, telecom and satellite providers, Synacor’s products and online services reach over 25 million high-speed Internet subscribers worldwide. We are looking for great people to join our team and be given the freedom to do the work they were hired to do.
Synacor - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending...