As an emerging IT consulting and strategic outsourcing leader, we're always looking for exceptionally bright and motivated people to join our team. We are thought leaders in our market space - providing comprehensive solutions to our clients, throughout the enterprise. If you are looking for an opportunity to use your skills in new ways, in an environment that promotes free thinking, presents positive challenges, and makes real impact - Vistronix is the place for you.
Vistronix is seeking a Java Engineer to work in Portland, Oregon.
Relocation assistance not available.
Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Responsible for the development and maintenance of Web-based climate and environmental software. As a member of the team you will develop and
document new software while maintaining existing in-place software. Your experience and drive will serve as a model for the team for innovation and professionalism; you will demonstrate a keen ability to work independently with minimal direction. Your excellent problem solving skills will be used to quickly fix defects; you will mentor other developers in coding complex technical solutions using new tools and technologies.
Education and Experience:
- MS in CS or IT preferred; BS in CS or IT with 5 years experience
- 7+ years hands-on experience writing, debugging, testing, and documenting Java Web Applications; 8+ years experience with Java
- Demonstrated experience with architecture and design for web applications
- Demonstrated experience developing Java Web applications (Servlets, JSP, JDBC/SQL, Web Services, JSF or other web frameworks, Applets)
- Experience with SQL, RDBMS (preferably SQL Server) and database principles
- Familiarity with a variety of open source tools and libraries (Ant, Eclipse, Hibernate, Tomcat, JBoss, JUnit, Subversion, etc.)
- Experience in full software development life cycle development (requirements gathering through development and test to maintenance)
- Experience developing software running under Linux (or other Unix derivative)
- Object Oriented design and implementation experience
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Exceptional communication skills in English both written and oral.
- Strong Object Oriented design and implementation skills
- Comfortable in Agile Development Methodology, especially Scrum
Successful candidate is subject to a background investigation by the government and must be able to meet the requirements to hold a position of public trust.
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Knowledge/experience working in the field of weather, climate, hydrology, or related sciences.
- EJB experience
- GIS experience
Candidates will be subject to a government background investigation and must meet eligibility criteria for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship is required.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, creed, ancestry, marital status, non-job-related handicap or disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.