IBS, Interactive Business Systems, Inc., is an IT solutions and staffing company known for achieving business objectives and bottom-line results through the smart architecting, implementation and management of technology. In three decades of developing the technology applications, tools, environments and teams that foster top business performance, we have become an industry-leading IT services provider.
Check out Interactive Business Systems at:
Our end client in beautiful Nashville, Tennessee is searching for highly qualified, dynamic Java developers to add to their growing IT department. As much as the technical skills are necessary, this client needs candidates who are critical thinkers able to make decisions and have meaningful interactions with team members and stakeholders. These positions are direct hire positions. If you meet the criteria below I want to talk to you and help you become part of this exciting team!
The Systems and Programming department is responsible for supporting the data processing requirements of multiple companies within the client portfolio with new system development and operational system support. The Systems and Programming department is composed of several Project Teams, each responsible for a number of application systems. Each team is responsible for providing customer support for production systems, resolution of business problems, participation in the design and implementation of new computer systems, and selection and implementation of application software packages.
The Senior Software Developer functions as a high-level technician working on moderate to complex work requests. As a member of the project team, the Senior Software Developer is responsible for application design/analysis, developing project plans, coding, testing, documenting all code, and maintaining and upgrading existing applications. This individual also interfaces with the customer to assist in the implementation of work requests.
The incumbent must code, debug and test application programs utilizing Java: Spring, Java Server Faces 2, J2EE Architecture, Java Servlets, Java Server Pages, Enterprise Java Beans, Java Beans, JDBC and/or SQL) in a multi-platform environment. This work will be done within the guidelines of established System Development Methodology. The candidate must demonstrate leadership aptitude and have the desire and drive to understand financial products, sales and marketing of products. Additionally, the incumbent must be adaptive to the use of new software aids and programming techniques as they are acquired or adopted within IT.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience and/or education
- Successful completion of an analytical aptitude exam
- Three plus years experience in programming
- Three plus years experience in JAVA (To include at least three of the following technologies: Spring, Java Server Faces 2, Java Servlets, Java Server Pages, JDBC, Java Beans, J2EE Architecture, and Enterprise Java Beans)
- Three years experience working with relational databases and SQL
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated track record of successful system and project implementations
- Insurance or Financial Services industry experience
- Experience working in a multi-threaded, distributed programming environment
- .Net/Visual Basic and/or C++ client-server programming experience
- Experience with large databases such as Sybase, Oracle, and/or UDB
ZipRecruiter - 10 months ago
IBS is a world-class provider of wholesale distribution software and consulting services. IBS is an IBM business partner, and IBS software r...