ECOtality North America is currently looking for a Java Developer to be part of a team and work in a dynamic technology development environment. In this role, candidates will be working on products and solutions that are both consumer and business facing, across Blink branded products, services and solutions. The ability to join science and ingenuity to solve unusual and complex problems is what we need. Candidates will demonstrate an ability to participate/drive software development areas including design, coding, test and validation. Also, candidates will demonstrate ability to represent Blink products in customer facing situations including onsite demonstrations, web demonstrations, webinars, and trade shows. The Java Developer must possess the ability to present complex solutions to large audiences while maintaining and environment of high energy and enthusiasm
Candidates will enjoy working in a small company environment and will be willing to participate in other areas of the Company’s business. Candidates will be self-starters, comfortable working with little supervision, will be capable of providing their own direction and will excel at learning new skills and technologies.
To design and develop new solutions and support and enhance existing Blink Network products and solutions both outward facing customer integrations, product demonstrations, technical support, as well as internal facing requirements/product definition, drive workshop meetings, project management, steering, develop requirements documentations, technical documentation, etc
Utilizing your Web Services experience as well as your knowledge of Enterprise Java Development and Object Oriented Design, you will work with customers and internal business units to define software requirements and create, modify, and test the code, forms and scripts to build on the Blink Network application stack, working in a new and exciting green technology field with challenging and exciting projects.
Desired Technical Skills
· Knowledge of Java Frameworks
· Development with Databases, particularly Postgres 9.x
· J2EE - EJB, JMS, JCA, JTA, JDBC, Persistence/Hibernate, HTTPS/SOAP, REST, XSD, JAXB, and XSLT
· Understanding of web optimization techniques (server/client side caching, compression, etc)
· Web service design, testing and implementation
· Solid understanding of web data formats (XML, JSON)
· Knowledge of Web Services Interoperability, WS-* standards and ability to suggest, criticize and formulate solutions during architectural meetings a plus.
· Experience with Agile with Scrum software development methodologies are highly desired
· Strong software development skills, including design, development, testing, deployment and support.
· Solid foundation in computer science or engineering, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
· Excellent written and verbal, communication time management, interpersonal and team participation.
· Evaluate performance results and recommend major changes affecting short-term project growth and success.
· Experience analyzing existing systems environment to determine applicability of fit with new business initiatives.
· Ability to analyze high-level requirements and translate these to overall system-level design to be used for architectural prescription, cost/benefit analysis, and concept development
· Experience with technologies at multiple levels of the architecture, including some or all of the following: user interface, applications, database, security and/or network
· Proven capability to identify, define, and communicate design tradeoffs using a structured, detail oriented approach
· Protects the Company by handling business sensitive information with appropriate confidentiality.
· Minimal travel required.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· PMP certification bonus.
(Americans with Disability Specifications)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
ECOtality - 24 months ago