Accelerate your LAN Switching skills working with the latest Cisco and Nexus technologies in a foremost customer satisfaction environment.
ettain group has an immediate contract to hire opportunity for a Senior LAN Switching Engineer in Raleigh, NC or Richardson, TX.
Utilizing your exceptional customer service skills equipped with your uniquely qualified experience, you will troubleshoot Layer 2/Layer 3 issues alongside the brightest minds in advanced technologies. You will enhance your teamwork skills working with senior engineers, advancing troubleshooting and solution-based expertise. Developing an efficient and absolute view of obstacles and customer needs is critical, while embracing your disposition toward learning new technologies. You will exhibit qualities of patience and an empathetic mindset supporting some of the largest Service Provider and Enterprise customers. You will exercise your proactive personal and technical skill sets in a preeminent Technical Assistance Center and Network Operations Center environment, comprehensively troubleshooting and supporting the customer. You will be providing exceptional and unparalleled LAN Switching support, working toward a goal of total user resolution and satisfaction.
· Communicating complex topics appropriately to the customer, in addition to calmly addressing the appropriate solution.
· Determining root causes of network problems and delivering solutions, while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
· Providing second line phone/email/fax consultation to debug complex network problems.
· Serving as a focal point for large-account network problem resolutions.
· Enhancing support to customers on a world-wide basis.
· Administering systems/product training to peers within the team.
· Functioning as a technical expert and go-to resource for the team.
· Working independently, receiving little to no supervision, on routine work and general instruction on new assignments.
· Specializing with diverse issues of varying scope, where analysis requires evaluation of identifiable factors, applying previous experiences, or creatively applying an innovative solution.
· Utilizing network topologies to review customer data, crash, and log of other device files for anomalies.
· Working knowledge with Nexus OS and N7K (designing, installing, configuring, post support).
o Strong background in switching, implementation, customer interfacing, and troubleshooting usability, interoperability, and quality of the 6k/7k product lines.
o Working knowledge and ability to understand the architecture of Nexus 7000, Line Cards (M-series/F-series).
o Knowledge of Nexus-related features: VTP, Fabric Path, OTV, TRILL, LISP.
· 3+ years of LAN experience with specific expertise sought in configuration and troubleshooting of Catalyst 6500 and other Legacy LAN Switching Platforms.
· Enterprise experience configuring medium to large networks.
o Experience and exposure to routing protocols and large scale architecture.
· Clear understanding of ISO's OSI Model and TCP/IP Protocol Suite.
· Understanding of Layer 2/Layer 3 Protocols and ability to think solutions to difficult problems arising on a day to day in a real world implementation.
· In-depth protocol knowledge of different Spanning-Tree Implementations and hands-on experience solving network outages.
· Debugging experience on resolving issues related to:
o FHRP, ARP/MAC, Unicast Flooding, Multicast (IGMP, PM), QOS (Queuing and scheduling Algorithms Viz., WRR, LLQ, RED, WRED), PVLAN, Etherchannel, Trunking, VTP, SPAN Monitor, REP.
· In-depth understanding of Protocols; LACP, UDLD, DHCP, BFD.
· Knowledge of VPC, Fabric Path, OTV, TRILL, LISP.
· Effective communication skills, both verbally and written.
· Proven crisis management skills.
· Ability and willingness to work various shifts is needed (weekends & 6th day).
· CCIE Written is required.
· Full CCIE preferred.
· BS or higher in a technical field, Computer Science/Electrical Engineering, or related degree.
For immediate consideration of this Senior LAN Switching Engineer position (#20969), please apply online and follow up with a call to Evan Skinner at (919) 287-3973.
Visit www.ettaingroup.com to see other ettain group opportunities throughout our markets.
ettain group is the talent solutions company dedicated to the best match for people and employment opportunities in IT, healthcare IT and...