We are searching for the right candidate to join our team as a Senior Land Analyst
for our Corporate Office located in Scottsdale, AZ.
Primary objectives of this position are:
As a participant in the North America Investment Committee (NAIC), the Senior Land
Analyst will perform financial, market, legal, commercial, and technical review
and analysis of submitted Investment Committee Applications. The Senior Land Analyst
will also administer and maintain the Company's financial model, scribe the NAIC
meeting minutes, document decisions of this Committee, perform on going ad-hoc analyses
relative to projects, work with the Company's Treasury function in confirming that
requested wire requests are consistent with NAIC approvals.
- Assist in the review and analysis of submitted Investment Committee Applications
(consisting of land acquisitions, land disposals, and other requests to expend or
commit capital) to effectively analyze key issues prior to formal review at NAIC
meetings. Part of the review may require visitation to specific sites and/or general
- Provide guidance to divisional management regarding Investment Committee Applications
and NAIC submittal process, with specific emphasis on ensuring the financial proforma
is prepared in accordance with the Group Finance Manual.
- Maintain the financial model (proforma template) used for all Investment Committee
Applications, including implementation of improvements and updates as required.
- Ensure Investment Committee Applications are in compliance with policies.
- Assist in responding to any inquiries from the Taylor Wimpey Group regarding Investment
Committee Application submittals.
- Ensure NAIC activity and decisions are properly documented, including the accurate
preparation and timely issuance of NAIC meeting minutes and a monthly summary of
newly approved projects.
- Maintain the Land Investments Department intranet homepage to include proper content
and functionality, providing divisional management with the tools and resources
required to adhere to policies.
- Maintain the NAIC Policy Manual detailing the Committee process and guidelines,
ensuring that all content is accurate, current and communicated to divisional management.
- Provide final approval and sign-off for wire transfer transactions pertaining to
land acquisitions, as well as letter of credit issuance.
- Periodically assist with industry research and benchmarking Taylor Morrison performance
and metrics against peers in the industry.
- Assist in developing new and/or revised reporting that assists in the decision making
process while supporting the continuous improvement of the company's performance.
- Perform other duties as needed and/or assigned on an ad-hoc basis.
Formal Education and Training:
- BA/BS in Accounting or Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration preferred but not required
Special Skills, Knowledge, and/or Abilities:
- Management level experience with an emphasis in Finance, Land, Market Research,
- Working knowledge of accounting policies and procedures.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to fully understand and interpret contractual language in various legal
documents, including purchase and sale agreements.
- Ability to fully understand and interpret internal (including the Community Market
Analysis report) and external sales and market report information.
- Working knowledge of data management tools.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH US:
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the
customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career
development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive
benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) With Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Taylor Morrison - 12 months ago