He or she will oversee the CEC project management group and coordinate the entitlement and construction of the CEC’s Solar Garden (SG) projects. This is a full-time position, based in the CEC’s Boulder, Colorado office and will require some travel.
- Lead the project management group with strong project and people management skills.
- Manage multiple project managers in combination with management of direct projects, lending land use and organizational expertise to the project managers.
- Lead the submission and approval of project site (land) entitlements and permitting.
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Coordinate the bidding, selection and contracting of subcontractors to build the project.
- Directly lead the planning and implementation of multiple SG projects.
- Define project tasks and resource requirements and assemble and coordinate internal and external project staff.
- Develop full scale project plans and manage associated timelines.
- Manage project budget and resource allocations.
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools (Microsoft Project).
- Constantly monitor and report on the progress of the projects to management, presenting project progress, problems and solutions.
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project completion on time and within budget.
- Conduct post-project reporting to assess outcomes and areas of improvement.
- Refine the company’s project management processes.
- Minimum 3 years Project Management and land-use planning experience required.
- Land use/entitlement and construction experience necessary.
- Strong Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project skills.
- Knowledge of people management, strategic planning, and risk management.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills, decision-making, and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task, manage several projects and work under pressure.
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Base Salary- $80,000 to $95,000, commensurate with experience
- Annual Bonus- Dependent on experience and performance
- Benefits- Vacation and Sick-Pay, Medical Coverage, Company Equity Plan