Senior Lead Quality Engineer, Materials R&D
- Ownership of overall quality of new product developments including:
- Identification and quantification of customer needs (Y-y-x).
- Oversight of all quality aspects of materials projects including the development & execution rigor of the overall project quality & test plans.
- Development or improvement of test methods where existing ones are deemed insufficient.
- Coaching and mentoring of technical staff in robust design methodologies in support of product and process design.
- Establishment and monitoring of control plans upon project completion.
- Lead major Materials R&D quality initiatives.
- Lead root cause corrective action efforts on major quality issues.
- Provide quality leadership and direction for product improvement projects.
- Primary conduit for interactions with quality groups across other R&D disciplines and Operations.
Required Experience & Skills:
• Bachelors degree or higher in Engineering or Science.
• 7+ years of experience in an R&D quality role related to new product development. Time spent in a graduate program can count towards this total.
• Formal training in DFSS, DMAIC, and robust design methodologies. Black belt certification with green belt mentoring experience is highly desirable.
• Demonstrated ability to drive change.
• Ability to work across organizational boundaries.
• Prior technical experience in the development of coated materials will be an added advantage.
Brady Corporation is an international manufacturer and marketer of complete solutions that identify and protect premises, products and...