The Senior Lead Software Engineer is responsible for developing Vistaprint's real-time image-processing capabilities.
You will work on a range of real-world, scalable, e-commerce projects for new products and features for our .NET-based web sites, focusing on graphics processing using a variety of commercial and proprietary solutions for image conversion, image analysis, and pre-press image preparation. You will also work on client-side and server-side mechanisms to accept and process customer images, and on the rapidly growing global infrastructure supporting these uploads. Additionally, you will work on graphic design tools, content management for Vistaprint’s extensive product offerings, statistical optimization of the web site UI, and supporting tools and automation. You will help build our highly dynamic, data-driven web sites that process over 50,000 orders a day worldwide. Development at VistaPrint is fast-paced, with new code released to production every three weeks.
- Development of Vistaprint's image processing capabilities.
- Development of components, APIs, libraries, and services for graphics processing, large-scale image storage, and content management.
- Development of internal and external web pages and tools for configuration, operations, and deployment.
- Development of database tables, stored procedures, etc.
- Lead team in design and architecture discussions.
- Career management and mentorship of junior engineers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or similar preferred
- Strong industry experience (7-10 years) with object-oriented programming (C# is best; Java is acceptable)
- Database programming with SQL (table design, stored procedures)
- Experience with high-volume transactional systems desirable.
- Experience with large enterprise systems, structured engineering, and application integration.
- Experience as a technical lead of a team and career management of engineers.
- Experience with graphics processing preferred but not essential (image analysis, PDF manipulation, Preflight)
- Industry experience with more than one programming language preferred
- Multitasking ability in a fast-paced environment
VistaPrint - 8 months ago
Vistaprint, N.V. (Nasdaq: VPRT) empowers 17 million micro businesses and consumers annually with affordable, professional print and digital...