Senior Leave Administration Specialist
Job ID: : 25873
Department: : WSH Services
City: : Bloomington, MN
Location: : HP - Bloomington 8170 Office Bldg
Position Type: : Full-Time
Anticipated Work Schedule: : Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Hrs/Pay Period: : 80
Job Description: :
The culture at HealthPartners is one of ownership, pride, service, and most importantly, partnership. That spirit of partnership among employees, and with patients and the community is just one of the many reasons we were recently named one of the Twin Cities best places to work by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal. Join us for a career that offers respect, support and encouragement. You’ll stay for the power of partnership.
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Leave Administration Specialist in Worksite Health. This position is responsible for the interactive process, administration, and coordination of Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) leave requests. This position supports both employees and customer account leaders with the overall case management for each leave request. This includes adherence to the state and federal FMLA regulations, along with managing company sponsored leave programs. This position ensures that various policies and procedures are executed according to company parameters.
- Bachelor’s degree, Associate of Arts degree or 2 to 4 years of equivalent experience
- Two years in experience in healthcare, human resources, or employee benefit administration
- Knowledge of state leave and federal FMLA regulations
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interpret interpersonal queues
- Effective interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to multitask and work independently using professional judgment and policy guidelines
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to take ownership of assigned projects and handle competing priorities
- College degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or equivalent experience
- Experience as an FMLA Leave Administrator
- Experience in Short Term Disability Case Management
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Access, Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher
1. Provides leadership in the overall administration and service delivery of FMLA and Short Term Disability leave administration services.
2. Act as the primary liaison between the employees, their manager, the medical provider, the employer designated HR contact, and/or benefit vendor.
3. Responsible for independent decision making, administration, and monitoring the customers FMLA Leave Program while ensuring compliance with federal regulations.
4. Works as part of an integrated team educating employees, employee's family members and managers on leave policies and processes.
- Determines if leave qualifies as eligible under FMLA or any other state or employer leave policy being administered
- Authorized make decisions to approve or deny leave requests based on statutory requirements, criteria provided on certification form and individual circumstances.
- Acts as primary resource to employees, supervisors, managers and other staff regarding the requirements and regulations of the FMLA leave in coordination with company benefits and internal leave policies.
- Partners with HR Representative from Employer on case escalations
5. Acts as the case manager for FMLA and/or Short Term Disability leave cases assigned. Case management responsibilities include managing the case through each stage of the leave process, from classifying the leave type, making case decisions, tracking in accordance to allotted entitlement, performs follow up as required to employee, medical provider, and employer, through the return to work process.
6. Analyzes claims, verifies eligibility, determines leave approval, calculates leave length, monitors maximum duration of leave allowed under federal and client policy, supports the return to work process, and counsels employees, employee's family members, and managers on leave policies and processes (including providing information on state leave eligibility). Throughout the duration of the leave, the Leave Case Manager is responsible for all communications and explanation of on-going expectations with the employee and the employee's manager.
7. Use software application for tracking leave activity, communication, and ensuring accurate recordkeeping responsibility.
8. Responsible for researching and resolving issues by interacting with the client, employee, or the disability claims administrator.
9. Supports in-bound or outbound employee phone calls or emails, providing timely responses
10. As a partner with team management, the Leave Case Manager assists in the identification of recommendations to positively impact the efficiency and quality of service delivery. Such recommendations include, but are not limited to, enhanced automation, streamlined processes, quality initiatives and enhancements to the on-line reference tools.
11. Maintains professional client relationships’.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
HealthPartners, nationally acclaimed for providing outstanding patient care, offers a comprehensive benefits package. To see a complete job description and/or to apply for this position, please visit www.healthpartners.com/careers, click on job opportunities and search for Job ID #25873.
Health is what we do. Partnership is how we do it.
HealthPartners - 10 months ago