Work with interdisciplinary teams of Geoscientists and Engineers to technically evaluate acquisition opportunities in current operated basins along with providing recommendations to acquire new core areas and develop new play ideas.
Teams are responsible for evaluating the potential reserves and resources of an area with a combined geological, reservoir, petrophysical, and land effort.
Work closely with engineering and exploration staff utilizing knowledge of reservoir and petrophysical parameters to enhance evaluations.
Gather, analyze, and interpret all geological data to formulate conclusions on acquisition opportunities.
Provide input to develop economic evaluations and reservoir descriptions.
Evaluate technical data, conduct risk analysis, and make recommendations on acquisitions and joint venture opportunities.
Perform regional and local geologic studies to determine potential of opportunities.
Effectively communicate ideas and work product to management.
Demonstrate the ability to prioritize and multi-task project work.
Participate in risk and resources evaluation process and seek input from peers to ensure high quality technical work product.
- BS Degree in Geology or Geophysics MS Degree in Geology or Geophysics preferred
- 15+ years of multi-basin experience
- Proven track record of prospect generation and/or acquisition evaluation
- Strong petrophysical background preferred Significant computer experience with geological software (Petra plus others), experience with seismic workstation a plus
- Strong communication skills, and demonstrated ability to effectively work in a team atmosphere
Relocation: WPX Energy will pay relocation costs for this position.
WPX Energy - 2 years ago
WPX Energy specializes in producing natural gas, oil and natural gas liquids from non-conventional resources such as tight-sands and shale...