Job Title: Senior Library Assistant
Job ID: 33161
Business Unit: ACDVP
Full/Part Time: Full-Time (40 hours)
High school or equivalent; 1 year related experience.
To provide specialized clerical skills necessary to the operation of a unit of the library.
6:45 AM - 3:15 PM
From $26,960.00 To $40,440.00 Annually, commensurate with experience.
The pay Band Code for this position is CS12.
Specific Job Related Duties
MAJOR DUTIES / CRITICAL TASKS:
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Using online and manual library systems, initiates and maintains a variety of functions related to circulation of library materials
- Assists and instructs library clients in using and interpreting library bibliographic systems, including online catalog and specialized end-user searching tools
- Assists and instructs library clients in the use of computer workstations, audiovisual and interactive video equipment, photocopiers, printers, scanners and microfilm readers
- Explains and interprets library service policies to clients, resolves client problems and complaints, and refers clients to librarians as appropriate.
- Performs online bibliographic searching for acquisition and cataloging
- Resolves online catalog and bibliographic control problems
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
- Performs related duties as required.
The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution which proudly values diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The University of Texas Medical Branch - 19 months ago