Pivotal TM lighting, the award winning architectural lighting design group of Affiliated Engineers, Inc., is actively seeking a Senior Lighting Designer in our Seattle, WA studio . You will work on projects in Seattle as well as other locations nationally and internationally. Our lighting group create high-level architectural lighting design independently, as well as in concert with our MEP consultants, working on a wide variety of creative projects.
You will use your skills to establish design criteria, lighting concepts, and work with a team of skilled designers and support staff from the concept stage through construction on cutting-edge facilities.
- Delivery of reflected ceiling plans, luminaire schedules, energy code compliance forms, lighting calculations for daylight and electric lighting, written reports, specifications and mock-ups
- Maintaining a high level of knowledge on current technology
- Being visible in the lighting community by participating in organizations and presenting at conferences and seminars
- Designing systems within fee and construction budget
- Coordinating work with clients and checking work for conformance to scope/contract obligations
- Providing input on company design standards and specifications to improve quality
- Observing and analyzing existing systems and providing evaluation
- Reviewing equipment submittals for conformance to contract documents
- Answering requests for information (RFIs) from contractors
- Analyzing new product data and equipment for incorporation into design specifications
- Performing and reviewing calculations
Successful candidate will have:
- 8+ years of experience in lighting design
- Degree in architecture, interiors, theater lighting, architectural engineering or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, AGI32, Adobe Photoshop and Indesign
- Ability to work on multiple projects and manage workload to meet project deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as interact effectively with others (including architects, mechanical, plumbing and electrical engineers)
Affiliated Engineers, Inc.
Submit your resume through our career section on our website www.aeieng.com
AEI is Proud to be an EEO/AA employer
Affiliated Engineers, Inc. - 13 months ago