Resolvit IT & Management Consulting (Resolvit) is looking for a Senior Linux Administrator to work as a full-time Resolvit employee in Reston, VA.
The candidate will be responsible for:
The Senior Linux Administrator must possess the following qualifications:
- Performing system administration duties system to include: back-ups, user file transfers, disk management, add/delete users as required.
- Generate ad-hoc reports from VMware clusters
- Generate capacity measurement reports
- Perform daily monitoring and troubleshooting of Application Servers
- Provide and write documentation when needed
- Building and automating reports using scripts (Python, Perl, Shell) in a VMware and Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) environment
- Supporting company infrastructure and applications
- Performing administrative tasks to maintain system operation, install new systems, and maintain system security and performance
- Responding to system alerts and perform any root cause analysis (data recovery)
Desired, but not required skills include:
- 5+ years of experience as a Linux Systems Administrator working in a hybrid-cloud environment
- Demonstrated RHEL and VMware experience
- SQL experience with Oracle, MYSQL, MS SQL Server
- Knowledge of and troubleshooting ability with: hardware, software, database, networking, and web services
- Database tuning experience with Oracle or Cassandra
- Experience with or exposure to a cloud environment
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Bash, Perl, Python, etc.
- Proficient knowledge and experience with the LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) stack
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative but can work independently in a fast-paced environment managing multiple projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
We're a progressive management and IT consulting firm that helps clients' businesses grow with the power of our people—functional and technical experts who bridge the gap between IT and the business that it supports.
Our projects focus on software development and infrastructure support in the vertical markets of: telecommunications, healthcare and biotechnology, manufacturing and distribution, finance, media, and government. Our project managers, programmers, designers, analysts, and engineers support Fortune 1000 clients.
We've grown 121% over the last two years. How? We hire the best in their fields—results-focused professionals with skills that are re-deployable from one engagement to the next. Our employees receive excellent benefits to include Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Tuition Reimbursement and more. And we keep our people on staff and help grow their careers.
At Resolvit, you'll be one of the people growing our business. We'd like to make you part of our success. Contact us to discuss your future.
Click here to apply online
Resolvit, LLC - 22 months ago
Resolvit, LLC is dedicated to providing technology and business consulting solutions to clients in the New York City, Washington, DC,...