American IT Solutions, Inc. is seeking a Linux (Kernal) Resource for a 3 month contract to hire at a top Financial Organization in NYC. Please submit resume with recent experiences. This is an immediate need!
Linux Kernal Resource
Our client is designing and implementing standardized computational and distribution resources throughout its infrastructure, centered on Linux based platforms. Such deployment encompasses not only the core data centers, but throughout client's global customer enterprise. The role of the Linux Resource will be to maintain knowledge current Linux development, and maintain and create a limited number of clients standard Linux distributions in support of company's applications and products. The role will help further refine interfaces for applications to deploy to the Linux platforms, and for these applications to be monitored and configured. The role also requires coordination with application groups to optimize application efficincies, performance and throughput (e.g. tuning).
- Core understanding of Linux offerings
- Contributor (developer) to Linux Open Source
- Familiar with Linux Open Source licensing
- Expert in Linux software packaging
- Expert in Linux configuration and configuration management
- Systems level architect for distributed systems, and deployment to unmanned facilities (lights-out)
- Management and monitoring
- Performance tuning (e.g. scheduler, interrupts, memory, i/o)
- Debugging skills at the kernal and network level