Provide leadership in compiling and assessing the data regarding the financial performance of the Credit Union’s personal loan portfolio. The portfolio consists of twelve closed-and and three open-ended product lines. Continuously analyze, and make recommendations on identified credit risk trends which are embedded in the loan product portfolios to minimize future loan losses, modify pricing and underwriting guidelines and provide forecasting information. Assist the Controller in determining and documenting the adequacy of loan loss reserves.
- Lead the risk analysis of static-pool delinquency, and gross charge-off and recovery experience in each personal loan product portfolio to evaluate the associated credit risk. Consult with the Director, Finance & Administration to recommend to the Loan Committee revisions to underwriting policy guidelines and loan pricing tiers.
- Lead all process and communication activities with respect to credit risk management for all personal loan portfolios, related credit analytics and all regulatory examinations. Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements for risk-based pricing validations. Ensure compliance with corporate and regulatory standards for monitoring and controlling loan portfolio concentration risks.
- Lead the development of, and validation process for, all loan origination and collection systems decisioning and/or queuing models
- Prepare and deliver reports and presentations on a timely basis to keep senior management and the Board of Directors constantly apprised of portfolio credit quality and current qualitative trends.
- Provide on-going quantitative and qualitative analyses to support loan loss reserve calculations required within the Credit Union’s established committee and governance structure.
- Lead all activities required to ensure that the Credit Risk Management System (CRMS) and Loss Reserve Analysis System (LRAS) data warehouses are properly maintained. Ensure the effective integration of business and commercial loan performance data into the personal loan data warehouse platforms.
- Monitor economic, industry, regulatory and modeling trends and best practices as they relate to personal loan portfolio credit management.
- Four-year college degree in a quantitative business-related discipline or Mathematics, advanced degree preferred
- Minimum five years experience as a credit risk analyst to include the development, maintenance and validation of credit scoring models
- Strong analytical and computer skills
- Strong oral, written, and presentation skills