American IT Solutions, Inc. is seeking an Senior MS SQL DBA for a 6-12 month contract assignment in lower Manhattan, NY. This is an immediate need! Some travel required between Boston and LA.
We are seeking a senior onsite MS-SQL DBA/ Architect in the NYC who is well versed in MS-SQL 8 and MS-SQL12 and who can lead a team of DBAs in executing daily maintenance, patching, and support. This is a (6-12) month onsite engagement with Limited travel requirements to LA and Boston. Additionally, the resource will assist in DB architecture, migration, and future state planning. This candidate will be responsible for creation and administration of the Ms-SQL 12 database environments, database performance tuning, database sizing, optimization of existing databases and creation of new database procedures. Additional tasks include developing and implementation database automation solutions and performing quality assurance verification of various database project implementations. The candidate must have hands-on experience with Ms-SQL implementation, administration, backup solutions and utilities. Experience on UNIX, LINUX and Windows platforms is a plus.
Function: Provides strategic direction, management, and oversight for database analysts, architects, and administrators who analyze, design, build and administer relational databases for data storage and processing.
1. Provides strategic direction, management, and oversight for database analysts, architects and administrators that analyze, design, build and administer relational databases for data storage and processing, including:
Review, evaluation, design, implementation and maintenance of parent company multi-platform database environments.
Identification of data sources. Construction of data decomposition diagram, data flow diagrams and document processes.
Code database access, modification, and construction, including stored procedures.
Creation and modification of database objects
Database configuration management, database application and database system upgrade.
Testing of database backup, repair, and recovery
Monitoring system resource usage, to include memory, CPU, storage, I/O, auto-schedule or chronjob, and event and error logs
Diagnosis and resolution of database and related O/S errors
Database activity, trend reports, and security compliance
2. Develops strategies for warehouse implementation, data acquisition, and archive recovery.
3. Evaluates new data sources for adherence to the organization’s standards and ease of integration.
4. Provides policy and procedure for database maintenance activities.
5. Develops and maintains a framework for research and installation of database patches and enhancements.
6. Maintains comprehensive training programs for database architects and administrators.
7. Provides consultation on complex projects.
8. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, design, build and administer relational databases for data storage and processing.
- Ability to function as top-level technical contributor and internal consultant on the most complex projects in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to manage major projects, supervise people and perform a variety of complicated tasks.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively with management, technical personnel, and users.
- Excellent organizational skills. Effective leadership, coaching, and management skills
- Ability to work efficiently under deadline pressure in an atmosphere of shifting priorities.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent experience. Advanced training and certification at the current version of multiple database software and technology platforms including Microsoft SQL 2008 and 2012. Advanced training in database configuration, tuning, and diagnostic tools across multiple database applications and platforms and in project management, capacity planning, and resource management.