SENIOR MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR
ATK is a premier aerospace and defense company with more than 18,000 employees in 22 states, Puerto Rico and internationally. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or a military operation. We are the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
ATK has an exciting, hands-on opportunity for a Senior Maintenance Supervisor at our Manufacturing Center of Excellence, near Cumberland MD. This is a premier ATK location with extreme corporate visibility. As part of Missile Defense Group, it is dedicated to the manufacture of defense and defense related products including rocket motors, warheads, gas generators, ceramic composites for aircraft components and launch tubes, metals and munitions as well as electronics, integration and test of electronic fuzes and sensors. Our manufacturing capabilities encompass motor and warhead loading, static and air-breathing testing, fiber placement, filament winding, hand lay-up, compression molding, high rate machining, flow forming, welding, assembly, and integration and test.
Job Summary including Duties and
The Maintenance Supervisor directs maintenance area activities related to maintenance and repair of buildings, facilities, HVAC, machinery and equipment within the ABL site. The supervisor, through union maintenance personnel, maintains and repairs facility equipment in a safe and cost effective manner.
- Plans, schedules and assigns duties to craft and labor personnel on a daily basis
- Manages straight and overtime labor costs and material costs to positively impact the maintenance departmental budget.
- Supervisor is responsible to an area operations team and must work with other maintenance supervisors to decide priorities for proper utilization of available resources on a daily basis.
- Eliminates repetitive maintenance failures through redesign, tracking history for facilities department intervention or other means available. He/she recommends Continuous Improvement projects and implements approved projects.
- Coordinates job priorities with operations supervisors and managers, and schedules all maintenance work including safety and environmental tasks.
- Minimizes interruptions and delays in work execution and communicates to customer(s) any unplanned delays; assists in organizing back-up plans, and executes alternate work-arounds if necessary. Building/Asset up-time, in the respective assigned area, is always a major goal.
- Performs Preventive Maintenance (PM) Inspections that require completion in a timely and effective manner. Immediate remedial actions for PM failures are a requirement.
- Remains available on an emergency call-in basis at all times to support situations involving major outages. Holiday outage assignments will be standard practice as will a rotational weekend on-call schedule. 50 hours/week is a norm.
- Develops and maintains good employee relations and promotes teamwork among subordinates and peers.
- Interprets and communicates company policy and procedures such as business ethics and conduct standards, maintains discipline, enforces plant rules, and trains employees.
- Responsible for the safety of assigned manpower
- Creates GOP (General Operating Procedures) for direct reports and verifies subordinates’ training and compliance to all standards.
- Demonstrates understanding of the Performance Enterprise System (PES) process as it pertains to maintenance activities i.e. 5S, TPM, etc. Promote compliance within their group.
- Attend their respective VSO SQDEC meetings each day and addresses/communicate issues with Maintenance Manager.
- May be called upon to work special projects such as Preventive Maintenance Inspection document revisions, including task descriptions, frequencies and general overhaul of existing Maximo PM System. Other projects may include evaluate need for, recommend, organize and categorize spare parts necessary for equipment maintenance.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline preferably Mechanical Engineering with emphasis in Heat and Fluid Flow
- 10 or more years of maintenance experience including 5 or more years supervisory experience preferably in a union manufacturing environment
- Available and willing to work rotational weekends on-call, respond to emergency call-ins and Holiday Outage assignments
- The candidate must demonstrate a working knowledge and hands-on experience in refrigeration/ heating/cooling systems (HVAC) as it applies to industrial applications.
- Robust interpersonal skills with experience in Safety Training, Conflict Management and problem resolution is desired.
- Strong organizational skills are a must.
- Familiarity w/CMS such as Maximo is favorable.
- Working knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic components and systems as well as the ability to comprehend hydraulic and pneumatic schematics is strongly desired. All types of industrial pump knowledge including vacuum, hydraulic, air and process pumps is desired.
- Hands-on knowledge of mechanical maintenance of equipment including bearing, gear and seal understanding is recommended as well. Pipe fitting /Sheet metal/ Millwright/Mechanical and some electrical task awareness is a strong positive.
- Ability to obtain a DOD and DOE secret clearance which requires US citizenship as a prerequisite
ATK is on the move. We have the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in a highly dynamic national security and space environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, full Medical and Dental, 401k, Tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V
less than 25%
Years of Experience:
Hydraulics, Manager, Maintenance, Engineer, Electrical, Engineering, Management, Manufacturing
Space is not the final frontier for Alliant Techsystems (ATK), as long as its aerospace/defense offerings are paving new paths. Through four...