At Archstone, being a Senior General Labor Maintenance Technician / Lead Technician is more about customer service than refurbishing a toilet, replacing a dishwasher or repairing damaged drywall. While your entry level construction or general labor background gives you the skills to handle any maintenance issue, it is your customer service skills that ensure resident and management satisfaction.
Your success in this entry level maintenance / construction role, whether it's in a 300 unit garden style or 1,000 unit high rise property, comes from your customer service skills, attention to detail and ability to recognize problems before they happen and take action. As an experienced Senior / Lead Maintenance Technician, you appreciate that to residents, it’s their home. You understand and ensure that you address their concerns, so that when you leave the unit, the problem is fixed and the resident happy. While some issues require additional parts or labor and do require another visit, you pride yourself on knowing that the maintenance work will exceed expectations and stand the test of time.
Whether it’s a hot water heater that needs replacing, a faulty faucet or a project in the community center, being a maintenance technician at Archstone isn’t like any other apartment building, property or hotel. At Archstone, apartment community maintenance is more than just a collection of electrical, HVAC, mechanical components, tenants and units… it’s a community. As the go-to person for maintenance and general labor concerns, our residents and team members know you will address issues before they become bigger problems.
As a Lead Maintenance Technician, you are responsible for the appearance and working order of the property structures, facilities & systems including individual apartments, exterior and common areas. Though an entry level role, no matter if you are entry level or have experience in construction or as an electrician, you are a hands-on problem solver who:
- Works directly with residents and team members to diagnose, assess & repair issues including electrical, plumbing, a/c, heating, HVAC, pools, appliances, water irrigation, tile, carpet, walls, flooring and roofing
- Reads & interprets technical (engineering, mechanical, electrical) drawings, blueprints and diagrams
- Maintains records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details including actions taken
- Follows up on unresolved customer service issues to ensure issue resolution
- Prioritizes and manages your daily workload to ensure successful completion
- Maintains a working knowledge of policies and procedures and their proper application including efficiency, service and quality targets
- Reflects Archstone’s five star world class customer service program – Commitment to Great
Different from other apartment, property management or hotel environments, Archstone gives you both the responsibility and the tools to achieve success. Whether it’s the discretionary authority that you have to correct deficiencies or additional training opportunities, you’ll have the tools and support to succeed as a Senior Maintenance Technician.
Beyond your vast technical experience with construction, electrical, HVAC, boilers and mechanical systems and their maintenance and repair, you have a proven ability to deliver great customer service. While you know your way around computer systems, hand tools and power tools, for you it’s about putting the residents first… Archstone’s Commitment to Great.
While not all properties will require experience with elevators, tower fire suppression systems, pools and structural components, all of our properties will require you to have proven experience including:
- Accomplished at delivering world class 5 star customer service
- A minimum of 5 years experience in maintenance, construction, mechanical, HVAC, electrical, plumbing including appliance repair, reading blueprints & power, water and sewer distribution
- Proven knowledge and application of codes, laws and regulations pertaining to public buildings and fire including ADA
- Experience operating computer systems for service tickets, inventory and maintenance records
- Valid driver’s license
- Willing to work non-traditional hours including nights, weekends and holidays through a rotating on-call pager system that typically still gives you 2 consecutive days off, including occasional weekends
At Archstone we recognize that exceptional people need exceptional rewards. Beyond our competitive total compensation packages, your schedule at Archstone will provide you with a quality of life that is difficult to achieve within hospitality or hotel roles. Additionally our benefits package reflects our respect for workplace contributions, professional goals and personal priorities. When you join Archstone, you will be eligible for:
To learn more about Archstone, visit our website at
- Choice of medical and dental plans, a 401(k) plan and other benefits including short and long-term disability insurance and life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Training and professional development courses and in-house training sessions
- Additional benefits including a variety of paid leaves, such as vacation and holidays
- Opportunity for significant discounts when you live in an Archstone property
Archstone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As a condition of employment, a satisfactory hair follicle drug test and background check are required.
Archstone - 2 years ago
What we do
Archstone is a multi-billion dollar company that provides upscale apartment homes in some of the nation's most desirable...