The Senior Major Gifts Officer will be a primary front-line fundraiser on the New York Public Radio major gifts team. This is an expanding team that is in fast growth mode, building on the successes of two recent major program and capital campaigns and an ambitious new strategic plan. The officer will work in partnership with the President, Vice President of Development, Director of Major Gifts, Senior Major Gifts Officer, other senior staff and board members to develop and oversee the strategies to build and maintain relationships with donors and prospects who are capable of making annual and multi-year gifts of $25,000 and more.
- Create and execute fundraising and stewardship strategies for a portfolio of at least 150 individual and family foundation donors for annual and multi-year gifts of $25,000 and above for both general operating support and for new programs and special projects.
- Develop and oversee the planning and execution of one-on-one meetings, station tours, luncheons, dinners, recitals, panel discussions and other small gatherings to create targeted cultivation, solicitation and stewardship opportunities.
- Co-manage the Major Gifts & Research Assistant and supervise the identification, research, strategy development, moves management and gift tracking of major gift donors.
- In partnership with the entire major gifts team, lead the efforts to create long- and short-term plans for major gifts fundraising efforts, including measurable goals for all team members.
- Take the lead in developing the budget for major gifts revenue and expenses based on existing portfolios of donors as well as prospective donors, and oversee ongoing budget tracking and reconciliation with the Finance department.
- Establish strong relationships and lines of communication with programming staff, working together to create accurate and informative messaging, increased donor awareness of key initiatives and engaging donor cultivation events.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- A minimum of five years fundraising experience required, with a proven track record of successfully overseeing solicitation and stewardship activities for 6 to 7 figure donors, managing budgets and meeting revenue goals.
- Experience working with board members and coordinating volunteer-led fundraising activities.
- Passion for WQXR and/or WNYC, in-depth knowledge of classical music and active knowledge of NY philanthropic and cultural communities strongly preferred.
- Self-starter with ability to get up to speed quickly and work independently.
- Highly motivated, organized, flexible and proactive, with strong project management skills.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs, internet applications and fundraising databases.
All positions at NYPR require:
- The intellectual and emotional depth, maturity, self-confidence and interpersonal skills to work effectively with the senior leadership team, colleagues, staff and external partners and provide motivation at all levels of an organization
- Excellent communication skills—both oral and written—with an impressive reputation for building and maintaining relationships with people at all levels of an organization, across a diverse range of cultural, generational, ethnic, racial, educational and social backgrounds
- Use of a computer, telephone and other office and/or broadcast equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively through a variety of methods including but not limited to; email, internet based applications for internal and external communications
- Affinity for New York Public Radio; WNYC and/or WQXR content and mission a plus
- Compliance with WNYC/WQXR policies and guidelines
- Ability to work extended hours as needed
New York Public Radio - 18 months ago