For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected.
The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before.
To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey.
As Senior Manager, Cloud Operations and Service Engineering, you will be building and managing the team that will be taking global cloud services delivery from vision to reality. You will play a key leadership role in creating, designing and implementing Cisco collaboration vision for any device, any time and over the top, you expect to work with cloud infrastructure architecture, network, systems and storage virtualization design, cloud operating models and tools frameworks, and other supporting technologies and processes. You will be designing and implementing the Reference Architecture creation process and accompanying artifact portfolios to guide every step of the decision making process journey from the creation of the vision, to architecture, design, implementation and operations management.
Success in this role requires very strong technical leadership skills, a broad background and understanding of every layer of the cloud service delivery ecosystem, the ability to envision the cloud operating model of the future, experience in the design of cloud operating models, and strong abilities in the areas of process development and management, organization, planning, and communication skills. It is also critical that you have skills to manage, motivate and lead a highly technical team of system architects
We are seeking a seasoned technical leader who has the demonstrated ability to provide disciplined and inspired leadership with experience in building and running high performance infrastructure and operations architecture and technology planning teams. The role requires a solid technical background and specific cloud domain expertise in terms of the creation of reference architectures and operating models, a thorough knowledge of Open Stack / Open cloud technologies, VMware and partner technologies, and emerging industry cloud computing trends, including software defined data centers. Key to success will be the leadership and change management skills at instilling rigor into the creation of key architecture, design and technology selection processes, including technology lifecycle management. In addition you will:
- Work with internal engineering, product management, global support services (GSS) and other strategic teams to create and articulate Cisco vision for the software collaboration, including global cloud infrastructure architecture, network, systems and storage virtualization design, cloud operating models and tools frameworks, and other supporting technologies and processes.
- In the support of the global cloud services delivery model, set standards for and provide leadership and guidance around the creation of reference architectures and road maps which clearly tie back to business drivers, service delivery targets and business functional and technical requirements, incorporating the current capabilities of open cloud and other computing platforms and environments.
- Oversee the creation of documentation artifact standards for Reference Architecture, design, deployment planning, hardware and software standards and standard building blocks, which will serve as the guiding framework for technology investments by clearly defining business service objectives and mapping them to the architecture, technologies and processes needed to satisfy them.
- Working with other domain architects (network, storage, telco, performance etc.) to drive the creation of detailed reference architectures and roadmaps for all strategic initiatives, including Cloud Operations and Development Operations
- Design a comprehensive technology lifecycle management process, including the definition of required artifacts, approval processes, risk profiles and technology refresh cycles.
- Lay the foundation for Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity planning by creating clear mappings between business processes, major applications, and the physical and virtual systems being used to support them. Create high availability; DR and business continuity roadmaps in support of strategic services being delivered by Global Operations.
- In support of the vision of the creation of a Global Operations Command & Control Center, develop and implement models delivering (as an example) the following capabilities:
o Automated provisioning
o Capacity planning
o Deep Proactive monitoring
o Self-healing systems
o Application performance management
o Policy based resource allocation
o Dynamic capacity management
o Automated response to SLA violations
- Develop automation, processes, and tools designed to make deploying, updating, and supporting the infrastructure simpler, more reliable and faster.
- Assist in the design of an integrated, self-service platform that drives measurable gains in employee productivity, cost efficiency and employee satisfaction
- Have successfully managed highly technical teams within large ( >$1 billion) companies.
- 15 – 20+ years of progressively broadening architecture and technology leadership experience
- Highly technical leader with experience in areas of cloud service engineering and management
- Excellent communication skills and experience working externally with customers and/or partners
- Ability to attract, motivate, and retain top talent
- Excellent operational and delivery skills
- In depth experience in designing, managing and/or assessing complex IT infrastructures
- Technical undergraduate degree desired. Advanced degree highly desirable
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...