Senior Manager, Commercial & Industrial Solar
Scope of Position
The Senior Manager, Commercial and Industrial Solar, will be involved in all aspects of C&I Solar development in all regions for EDF Renewable Energy. The Manager will initiate the preparation of proposals for selected projects, respond to RFPs, negotiate contracts, work on C&I Solar project development in conjunction with members of the regional development teams, and will be working with the Program Management team on many aspects of solar program management and managing internal approvals and other processes, and following up to see transactions through project development. The Manager will also work in a Business development capacity.
Reports to: Director, Commercial Solar
Division/Department: Valuation & Transactions
Location: San Diego, CA
40% of the time is spent in the office environment, utilizing computers (frequent use of MS Word, MS Excel, and other software productivity tools), phones, and general office equipment. 60% of the time is spent in the field.
• Serve as primary contact with key customers, and work to grow long-term relationships to secure additional business opportunities beyond initial projects and create strong reference accounts.
• Conduct site evaluations, analyses of electricity usage, energy production modeling, and financial analyses for prospective customers.
• Provide regular business opportunities, reports and presentations to management.
• Drive commercial block design initiatives internally, as well as externally with vendors and EPCs.
• Support negotiations on behalf of EDF Renewable Energy for development projects but work on negotiations for PPAs or alternative off-take arrangements.
• Lead and manage Project Acquisition review teams.
• Identify “top prospect” projects within the appropriate Region or Geographic area of the United States, and actively lead the marketing for off take agreements.
• Complete all project bid activities/requirements are required and by agreement with Regional developers. Able to demonstrate experience dealing successfully with peers, subordinates, management, and unaffiliated third parties.
• Responsible for P&L. Personally responsible for cost, schedule and technical compliance on project from inception to completion.
• Participate in contract negotiation and contract administration with customers, subcontractors and vendors on an as needed basis.
• Manage overall project execution to contract scope and requirements, including terms, conditions and performance parameters.
• Establish and implement the planning necessary to meet project requirements, deliverables as well as control and complete the project on time according to schedule, budgeted costs and with high quality while maximizing profit.
• Actively coordinate proposal preparation, estimating, planning and pricing.
• Comprehensive knowledge of prime and subcontracts with superior capability to create contract briefs, contract requirement definitions and flow downs
• Minimum of 2 years in solar with experience in both commercial rooftop and ground mount solar PV Projects with a proven history of completed successful projects and a minimum of 8 years professional work experience.
• Engineering or business undergraduate degree, and MBA preferred.
• Deep understanding of solar value chain, technology, products and applications including modules, racking, trackers and inverters, cost factors, project finance, financial incentives for solar, and Federal and State policies in all U.S. markets.
• Deep knowledge of solar PV capex and opex.
• Project management and/or Project Development experience strongly preferred.
• Some Business Development or Commercial negotiations experience preferred.
• Team management experience, working in a team environment.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
EDF Renewable Energy is dedicated in our efforts to create the most efficient renewable energy projects possible, for our own portfolio and...