The Senior Manager, Communications leads Knewton ’s communications and media relations efforts. |
This person is responsible for planning and executing a communications plan for Knewton that increases the visibility of the organization, raises awareness in the edtech sector about the unique opportunities in personalized learning, and increases the interaction and support between digital learning companies and their constituents.
The Senior Manager, Communications will work closely with senior management and members of other internal teams including business development, product management, and data science to lead Knewton ’s overall communications strategies.
- Establish relationships with members of the media and edtech communities
- Monitor industry-related news and serve as a resource to Knewton and members of the media
- Pitch stories to publications and monitor media coverage
- Identify key messages and communicate them to potential partners and stakeholders
- Oversee production of internal and external materials such as press releases, web copy, and executive presentations
- Drive strategic speaking opportunities and oversee the creation of presentation materials to support them
Exceptional candidates will have one or more of the following:
- First-class written and verbal communication skills
- Strong track record of communications experience, including media outreach/relations
- Fluency with online communications methods and networking services
- 5 years experience in public relations or equivalent role
This position is based at Knewton ’s headquarters near Union Square, New York, NY
- Education industry experience (teacher, edtech organization, etc.)
- Experience representing consumer technology
- Existing media relationships, particularly in education and/or technology
- Legal training, with a particular interest in intellectual property and privacy
Knewton was recognized as one of the top 25 best places to work by Crain ’s New York Business. Benefits include an expansive, open office near Union Square; Macs with huge monitors; a kitchen filled with your favorite treats and unlimited beverages; flexible hours and vacation; frequent guest speakers and internal workshops; company-sponsored training and conferences; excellent health benefits; equity; and a chance to do meaningful, cutting-edge work.
About the Knewton Adaptive Learning Platform
Knewton is the leading adaptive learning company, enabling others to create continuously personalized learning experiences.
The Knewton Adaptive Learning Platform blends data science, world-leading learning models, and pedagogical expertise to enable personalization at massive scale. The platform works with a wide range of digital learning solutions in a variety of subject areas. Every Knewton-enhanced product can provide a continuously adaptive learning experience to students as well as in-depth reporting capabilities for instructors.
Knewton stands alone in its approach to adaptive learning. Instead of creating pre-determined decision trees for specific content, Knewton uses incoming data to tune and enhance generalized models of student knowledge, content structures, and learning objects, producing consistently improved results. Knewton has created a flexible API that allows third-party learning providers to enhance existing products and build new, innovative learning solutions using Knewton ’s continuously adaptive student modeling framework.
The world ’s leading digital education products use Knewton to improve learning outcomes.
The Knewton Adaptive Learning Platform analyzes data about the performance of every student and similar students using Knewton-powered courses, as well as the relevance of the educational content itself, in order to personalize the experience for each student in real-time. Knewton creates tools that help learning companies, universities, and other educational content providers make personalized learning available to everyone worldwide. In 2012, Fast Company named Knewton one of the world ’s 50 Most Innovative Companies.
Knewton was founded in 2008 by Jose Ferreira and has received funding from Founders Fund, FirstMark Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, Accel Partners, First Round Capital, and other strategic investors.
Knewton - 21 months ago