The Senior Manager, Content Strategy leads Knewton ’s brand building, content strategy, channel marketing, and content production efforts. |
This person is responsible for planning and executing a content strategy for Knewton that covers a wide range of audiences and customers, including institutions, learning companies, educators, administrators, and industry thought leaders.
Management of Knewton ’s content strategy will include direct oversight of knewton.com and the digital properties built on it, SEO content and blog posts, general email marketing, and day-to-day use of the technology beneath it all (e.g., WordPress, HubSpot, Campaign Monitor, and more).
The Senior Manager, Content Strategy will work closely with everyone including general marketers, Art Director, lead copywriter, lead developer, and media producer. This person will also collaborate closely with the head of communications, the business development team, and leadership from other teams to create consistent, strategic messaging through all possible marketing channels.
- Evolve the IA and narrative of core pages on knewton.com
- Create, execute, and evolve a channel marketing plan to support large learning companies and publishers who use Knewton ’s adaptive learning tools
- Support the institutional sales and account management teams with relevant collateral
- Institute a predictable process for creating new content and iterate on it as the company grows and evolves
- Work with lead copywriter/editor and design team to refine Knewton ’s tone and voice
- Work with all creative colleagues to create and enforce style guides
Exceptional candidates will have one or more of the following:
- First-class written and verbal communication skills
- Strong grasp of voice and nuance
- Excellent track record of content strategy from conception through execution
- Fluency with online marketing methods and channels, both formal and informal
- An eye for well-crafted, functional design
- Experience working with typical marketing tools, including a CMS, email marketing, lead management and automation, A/B testing, analytics, and reporting
- A good foundation of SEO principles
- Experience using social media to have authentic interactions with others and build communities, not merely broadcast information
- Experience with basic media production (product demos, talking head pieces, etc.)
This position is based at Knewton ’s headquarters near Union Square, New York, NY
- Education industry experience
- Consumer technology
- Agency experience
- A technical background
- Management experience
Knewton was recognized as one of the top 25 best places to work by Crain ’s New York Business. Benefits include an expansive, open office near Union Square; Macs with huge monitors; a kitchen filled with your favorite treats and unlimited beverages; flexible hours and vacation; frequent guest speakers and internal workshops; company-sponsored training and conferences; excellent health benefits; equity; and a chance to do meaningful, cutting-edge work.
About the Knewton Adaptive Learning Platform
Knewton is the leading adaptive learning company, enabling others to create continuously personalized learning experiences.
The Knewton Adaptive Learning Platform blends data science, world-leading learning models, and pedagogical expertise to enable personalization at massive scale. The platform works with a wide range of digital learning solutions in a variety of subject areas. Every Knewton-enhanced product can provide a continuously adaptive learning experience to students as well as in-depth reporting capabilities for instructors.
Knewton stands alone in its approach to adaptive learning. Instead of creating pre-determined decision trees for specific content, Knewton uses incoming data to tune and enhance generalized models of student knowledge, content structures, and learning objects, producing consistently improved results. Knewton has created a flexible API that allows third-party learning providers to enhance existing products and build new, innovative learning solutions using Knewton ’s continuously adaptive student modeling framework.
The world ’s leading digital education products use Knewton to improve learning outcomes.
The Knewton Adaptive Learning Platform analyzes data about the performance of every student and similar students using Knewton-powered courses, as well as the relevance of the educational content itself, in order to personalize the experience for each student in real-time. Knewton creates tools that help learning companies, universities, and other educational content providers make personalized learning available to everyone worldwide. In 2012, Fast Company named Knewton one of the world ’s 50 Most Innovative Companies.
Knewton was founded in 2008 by Jose Ferreira and has received funding from Founders Fund, FirstMark Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, Accel Partners, First Round Capital, and other strategic investors.