This position is responsible for actively researching, identifying, securing and managing/building relationships with high-level corporate partners to provide funding for NWF programs. Core responsibilities include research, prospecting, sales and the development of deals for sponsorship and promotional support. Additionally, this position plays a key role in the management and activation of accounts, monitoring and delivering on contract terms, and cultivation/ relationship building.
Relationship Management and Execution
New Business Development
- Manages existing relationships with corporate sponsors and promotional partners by providing customer service, regular communication and providing timely support.
- Develops activation project plan and timeline, coordinate with NWF stakeholders and execute within necessary timeframe.
- Serves as the liaison between partners and internal NWF stakeholders to properly execute select accounts and update corporate information in appropriate databases.
- Maximizes relationships by relationship building, identifying and implementing new opportunities that expand profitability and/or further NWF’s work.
- Monitors contractual status and obligations, ensuring both parties fulfill their respective responsibilities for activation of the agreement. (this includes the collection of revenue, negotiation of renewals, addenda and terminations in a timely manner to increase partnership value to NWF.)
- Provides valuation and on-going analysis of during the course of the relationship.
Regional Office Support
- Actively and aggressively seeks new corporate funding for Be Out There and other unrestricted funds to support education programs.
- Maintains portfolio of corporate prospects in Raiser’s Edge and make sales calls, pitches, proposals and evaluations.
- In conjunction with CR team, develops and implements strategy to manage, sustain and nurture existing relationships; engage new partners and pursue new sponsorship partners in programs that leverage all of NWF’s assets.
- Develops creative ideas for partner opportunities, pitch decks and sponsorship templates.
- Maintains a solid understanding of NWF; its programs and initiatives, history, goals and corporate and societal trends.
- Serves as a resource for NWF’s regional offices for incorporating sponsorship into their local development strategies.
- Works with team members to create templates and tools, provide valuation analysis and sponsorship packages that can be customized for each location.
- Supports processes to coordinate lead development for national and regional prospects.
- Contributes to the overall success of the department by collaborating on special projects, cross promoting programs, actively participating in ad hoc committees and/or brainstorming sessions and generally supporting fellow team members.
- Contributes positively to the team culture by demonstrating an understanding of and a commitment to the goals and objectives of the team and the organization and building strong relationships within NWF.
- At least years account management or other relevant work experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects, attention to detail and follow-up, self motivator.
- Strong interpersonal skills and sales skills, likes interacting with people, an upbeat, positive approach.
- Strong visual creative skills with ability to effectively communicate and share assets and creative ideas.
National Wildlife Federation - 10 months ago