The Manager of Sales Operations will report to the Vice President of Field Sales Operations and work with the relevant sales leadership executives. S/he will play a supporting role in the development of the sales support tools, processes, and operating plans and budgets for specific business units. S/he will help to coordinate and oversee sales activities with multiple other departments, both within the Platform, and cross-company, and work with the central field sales operations team to drive consistency of operations process and approach across all the field sales teams. The Senior Manager will have shared responsibility for policies, procedures, forecasting, and sales-marketing integration intended to maximize each territory rep’s opportunities and sales efficiency. The qualified candidate should be equally comfortable taking on detailed tasks, as well as contributing to the overall strategic thinking of the management team.
Specifically, s/he will:
- Work with heads of Operations and Finance to help ensure timely and useful financial budgets and reporting for the vertical markets s/he supports
- Work with heads of Operations and Sales leadership to help ensure clear and robust sales forecasts for both new sales and renewals
- Work with the head of Operations to help develop and participate in periodic business reviews and work with the management and executive team to assess performance against plan and help develop remedial action programs.
- Collaborate with Field Sales Operations organization to help drive operations and process improvements across all sales teams including, but not limited to:
- Assisting new and remote reps to gain access to resources
- Navigating and assisting with internal communications
- Conducting regular meetings with other client-facing departments
- Serve as a liaison with Finance to reconcile sales and revenue forecasts, ensure accurate reporting, resolve sales compensation questions and associated deal-related policy issues, manage bonus calculation processes
- Projects as assigned including, but not limited to:
- Pricing consistency, proposal management, systems implementation and requirements development.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing and Vertical Marketing on successful go-to-market programs (offers, campaigns, events) to ensure maximum sales performance and efficiency.
- Work with selected customers on resolving company relationship and operational issues that span multiple functional units.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- 8+ years of professional experience.
- Ability to dive deep into the details with a high level of productivity, while also being able to contribute an added strategic voice to business decision-making. Creative problem solvers welcome
- Experience in: sales operations, operations risk management, profitability management, capital and budget planning, and financial modeling/review.
- Success managing resources and relationships cross- departmentally
- Proven experience in program or project management
- Proven experience in playing a leadership role in a large operational unit
- Proven ability to establish strategic high-impact initiatives, performance measurements and operational focus.
- Ability to prioritize and delegate in a resource-constrained environment and re-prioritize resources rapidly.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to establish a clear and understandable vision for operational excellence , get buy-in from others on that vision, and build the operational components to execute against that vision
Blackboard - 20 months ago
Chalk up Blackboard's success to the Internet. Blackboard develops software that lets schools create Internet-based learning programs...