Deem, Inc. delivers Commerce-as-a-Service to businesses enabling them to save, sell and syndicate resulting in lower costs, increased revenue and enhanced customer loyalty. Over the past year, more than $6.5 billion of relevant commerce transactions occurred across Deem. Deem is headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
Are you interested in a key finance leadership position in an area that is critical to a pre-IPO company’s business?
Do you want to leverage your finance or business leadership skills to have a real impact on the bottom line and drive cost leadership across an emerging ecommerce leader?
The Deem Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team is an exciting and strategically critical group. FP&A’s mission is to enable profitable business growth and instill confidence in an efficient manner through financial leadership & business partnering.
The Senior Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis reports directly to the Vice President of Finance. The right candidate sould be eager and capable of rapidly accepting new challenges and responsibilities.
The position provides unparalleled access to executive leadership (CEO, CTO, Head of Worldwide Sales, etc.) and the opportunity to learn the revenue and expense structure associated with a cutting-edge commerce company.
The individual will be responsible for supporting Deem’s two lines of businesses; Deem@Work and Deem Offers. The roles and responsibilities include planning, forecasting, reporting & analysis, marginal cost analysis and operational metrics.
Additionally, the role is responsible for building strong relationships and becoming a trusted leader with the business unit leadership and finance leaders. The individual will be an active member of Deem’s finance leadership team, providing input on strategic direction of the business model.
T he successful candidate should demonstrate a proven track record in cost leadership, business partnering with exceptional collaboration, leading a high-performance team, a high degree of executive maturity, the ability to influence others, and a keen understanding of how to drive results. The selected candidate will apply strong business and financial analytics to ensure the success of company strategies.
- Maintain and improve the Company’s Operating Model/Financial Plan
- Drive and enhance the annual financial planning processes, ensuring effective and timely coordination with various business units and global functions
- Maintain corporate cap table and equity returns model
- Assist with producing the financial presentations to executive staff and preparation of quarterly reporting schedules
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders and become a trusted partner to business/product leaders
- Provide periodic and ad-hoc financial analysis and reporting in support of executive management
- Lead and deliver meaningful insight that continuously improves measurement of revenue, cost performance and enable business leaders to make well-informed decisions, as well as enhance planning and cost analysis to determine present and future opportunities
- Lead, manage and mentor a high-performing FP&A team in business partnering activities where both team and personal goals are met
- Be an active part of the Deem Finance leadership team and provide input on priorities, career development and the current and future role of finance team
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in finance, accounting or business analysis
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or other related areas; MBA preferred
- Demonstrated intensive financial analysis and business partner support experience
- Cross group collaboration and interaction with senior management
- Strong analytical skills with Excel required and skilled in other MS Office apps; must be able to assist in designing reports and creating models from scratch
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; open, confident communicator effective in senior levels of engagement
- Possess a thorough understanding of equity (Cap Tables, Valuation, etc.).
- An understanding of SaaS, software industry and hosted models are a plus
- Experience that exhibits the ability to perform critical functions of the position
- Excellent teamwork skills; ability to work productively with other departments
- Attention to details and accuracy is a must!
Rearden Commerce, Inc. - 15 months ago