Summary / Purpose
The Senior Manager Financial Reporting will have responsibility for managing the consolidation and reporting of the Company’s internal and/or external financial statements and related accessory reports. In this capacity, the incumbent will be responsible for assisting in the coordination of the financial reporting function, researching and assessing financial reporting and disclosure implications, providing accounting regulation and guidance and supporting the Company’s various sites to ensure compliance with the applicable US GAAP requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage a team of professionals to produce consolidated financial statements, for internal and/or external reporting purposes, as well as accessory reports for the entire company.
• Research and assess financial reporting and disclosure impacts and prepare all necessary documentation to support the treatment of specific transactions and/or newly issued accounting pronouncements, as necessary
• Provide accounting regulation guidance and support to plant and Corporate personnel.
• Define and maintain procedures and policies to ensure financial reporting is in compliance with US GAAP as well as assist in the maintenance of policies and procedures related to Section 404 of Sarbanes Oxley.
• Work with IT department to ensure that our genera l ledger systems are configured in a manner to allow compliance with US GAAP reporting requirements.
• Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
• Recruit, hire and retain strong talent.
• Establish measurable goals and objectives for the individuals and the team.
• Assist in the coordination of the annual audit and quarterly reviews with the Company’s external auditors
• Identify ways to reduce costs by stream-lining processes and systems.
• Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
• Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
• Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree required. Masters Degree preferred.
• CPA required
• A minimum of Eight (8) to Ten (10) years of work-related experience required in financial reporting and/or technical accounting (may be with a combination of public accounting and/or industry experience).
• Excellent communication skills.
• Prior experience with managing multiple staff members required.
• Experience and knowledge on corporate IT systems and platforms.
• Strong understanding of corporate finance processes within Jabil.
• Leadership/people-management skills
• Strong understanding and ability to stay current on US GAAP.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to stay current on developments in the field – CPA.
• Ability to always maintain a professional attitude and demonstrate this with interactions throughout the company.
• Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
Jabil is an EOE.
Jabil Circuit - 15 months ago
Jabil Circuit is one of the leading providers of electronics manufacturing services (EMS) in the world. Its largest segment, diversified...