Job Title: Senior Manager, Global Staffing Programs
The Sr. Manager, Global Staffing Programs will lead the organization in implementing key operational strategies to driving the overall effectiveness in acquisition, placement, on-boarding of new employees, and delivering exceptional customer service within the organization domestic and internationally. This position partners with local, global HR, and operational leaders to develop recruitment and retention strategies to ensure organizational hiring needs are met throughout all the U.S. and our global locations. Leads and develops the recruitment team ensuring quality outcomes are defined and achieved. Manages workflow of all staffing-related activity to assure a streamlined, fair and consistent, customer focused hiring process. Main responsibilities for this role will include the support, recruitment, and retention of a diverse workforce through partnerships and networks with diverse organizations.
This position is responsible for identifying new innovative methods for strategic sourcing plans, proactively targeting potential candidates by developing key relationships to networking and building an effective employment brand. The individual in this role will work with the marketing and HR staff to design a robust, web-based platform to attract top talent, improving VeriFone’s staffing presence on the Internet, including the VeriFone.com home page and social media sites. Also develops strong on-boarding programs to get newly hired employees quickly up to speed. He or she will assess and design worldwide infrastructure improvements that enable our aggressive hiring and balance compliance requirements with the desire for a highly positive candidate, hiring manager, and balance compliance requirements with the desire for a highly positive candidate and hiring manager experience. The role will define standardized and country or region-specific processes, and enable recruiters to focus on their primary mandate of recruiting the best available talent (internal or external) in a timely and cost efficient manner. The incumbent will be a process expert, a program manager, and a project manager, bringing skills that can equally implement quick fixes and develop plans for dealing with more complex issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
o Placement agencies, contract recruiters; retained and contingent.
- Manages the staffing/employment functions and activities domestic and internationally.
- Ensures that staffing needs are met in accordance with local governmental requirements along with teaming up with international HR to ensure we are in compliance worldwide.
- Develops and implements recruiting plans to staff open requisitions while minimizing cost per hire.
- Manages contractual relationships with:
o Job boards, job fairs and various internet job search websites for posting requisitions and surfacing candidates.
Knowledge & Experience
- Manages the applicant tracking system.
- Ensures consistent corporate image throughout recruiting campaigns.
- Provide guidance to management on employment matters and/or affirmative action plans, as applicable.
- Submits reports concerning hiring trends, turnover rates, candidate feedback, etc. to Human Resources staff and/or senior management, as appropriate.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Works closely with key client groups and HR team to strategically and proactively plan for the acquisition of needed talent for the short and long term.
- Works with research and sourcing team to present a diverse slate of qualified candidates to key clients for consideration.
- Write complete and detailed job descriptions ensuring an understanding of job duties responsibilities and business requirements.
- Create and foster relationships with colleges and diverse professional organizations to attract and recruit diverse candidates.
- Manage all of the components involved in full lifecycle recruiting.
- Develop effective recruitment policies and procedures in collaboration with key personnel.
- Establishes and ensures appropriate process and tools are utilized throughout the recruitment process.
- Establishes and maintains necessary metrics that measure the impact of talent acquisition efforts.
- Stays up to date and current on best practices related to recruiting process, sourcing strategy and ways to improve effectiveness of recruiting process.
Skills & Ability
- Bachelor’s degree HR, business or related field.
- Master’s degree or MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years program management, project management experience.
- Minimum of 5 years in an operations or recruiting management role with a global company.
- Minimum 8 years direct hands-on full cycle recruiting experience required with at least 2 years of Global/ International staffing experience required.
- 5+ years of experience working with and managing vendor relationships including experience with RFPs, new vendor implementation, and managing service level agreements.
- Strong systems background leveraging technology to scale programs and improve efficiencies.
- Experience in a geographically dispersed, multi-site client base environment required.
- Ability to develop and implement operational processes and procedures across global geographies.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations regarding employment practices required.
- Prior experience with applicant tracking systems is required.
- Engineering environment recruitment (or similar technical specialist labor force) experience is a plus!
- Exceptional analytical skills, comfortable working with large amounts of data and communicating data findings, experience establishing and tracking program metrics including return on investment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office tools.
- Ability to interface with internal clients, hiring managers and HR personnel in a professional manner.
- Ability to develop presentations and lead discussions with hiring managers at differing levels.
- Experience identifying and resolving issues independently, will take initiative even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances.
- Innovative with a proven track of seeing projects/programs through end-to-end.
- Strong interest and experience in Recruiting Technology.
- Strong reporting and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a cross functional environment.
- Work with minimal supervision.
VeriFone is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- Ability to travel overnight nationally and internationally 20% as needed is required.
Verifone - 2 years ago
VeriFone doesn't mind long check-out lines, but it does try to make them move faster. The company is a leading supplier of electronic...