The Senior Manager, HR takes ownership of the Human Resources function for the organization, including staff recruitment, performance management, training, employee relations, compensation, legal compliance, benefits, workers compensation, and leave of absence administration.
Staffing & Recruitment
Employment Relations & Management
- Directly manages end to end talent acquisition, partnering with client groups to ensure timely acquisition of qualified staff. Confers with management and supervisors in determination of personnel needs, job specifications, job duties, qualifications, and skills. Creates and approves sourcing strategies including vendor utilization for core hires upon approval by senior management. Manages interview & offer process end to end. Collaborates with Hiring Managers to ensure compliance with labor laws and analyzes wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plans.
- Works with supervisory staff to ensure consistency and fairness of employment practices and actions. Provides counsel and advisory to functional business partners on employee relations and performance management issues with the objective to reducing risk of exposure and providing coaching, training, and participation in the creation of appropriate communication practices.
- Actively manages the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization. Consults legal counsel, (as needed), to ensure policies comply with federal and state law.Updates on policies and issues, and other communicated changes through revision handbooks, training, communication, Mgmt. team updates, etc.
Benefits & WC Administration
- Under the direction of Senior Management creates, facilitates, and manages the creation of internal training strategies and programs. May utilize outside vendors to provide external training resources for the organization and to build skills, understanding, and engagement across organization.
Other HR Responsibilities
- Direct management of benefit administration including active management of benefits plans consistent with company business objectives and budgetary guidelines. Utilizes third party brokers in the development of benefit plans, providing functional knowledge and expertise as well as analysis and data to support decisions. Assists employees with education and enrollment components, yearly plan changes, open enrollment processes, and ongoing enrollment for employees.
- Establishes and manages successful administration of Workers Compensation and disability processes. Oversees/manages Workers Compensation claims, follow up and process development and delivery, ensuring legally required timelines and processes are met. Serve as Co-chair of the Safety committee in the creation of programs and initiatives which motivate safety awareness and reduction of incidents.
- HR Projects including but not limited to: managing ongoing revisions and updates of job descriptions in collaboration with Hiring Mangers, development of policies and processes around staffing (external and internal hiring process updates of the company’s organizational charts, intranet committee content and format development and uploads, ownership of new hire orientation and on-boarding processes and notifications. Evaluation, selection, and implementation of HR Systems in collaboration with IT services.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; 5+ years human resources and/or related experience including 2+ years management level experience and/or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of human resource disciplines including staffing and benefit administration practices, employee relations, FMLA, performance management, and state and federal employment laws
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team player, engaging leader with a “Can Do” attitude
- Proficient in MS Office as well as HR and Benefits software packages (BeneTrac preferred)