Work with the Senior Director of Institutional Giving to manage and grow relationships with institutional donors and research and write proposals in order to maximize grant funding to the Food Bank For New York City. Assist with the maintenance of other fundraising projects on an as-needed basis.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with institutional donors.
- Identify and evaluate potential institutional funders and grant opportunities appropriate for Food Bank programs.
- Research and write proposals with input from program staff about various Food Bank programs to secure funding from institutional funders and prospects.
- Work closely with program staff to help design and communicate programs effectively to funders.
- Maintain systems of tracking all corporate and foundation donor activities, including but not limited to, grant submission deadlines, donor communications and acknowledgements.
- Provide ongoing written and verbal communication with institutional donors.
- Provide stewardship of donor gifts through proper reporting, gift acknowledgements and follow-up communication.
- Conduct research of existing institutional donors and identify new prospects.
- Write award applications to highlight organizational achievements.
- Assist in planning of special events designed for foundation officers.
- Work collaboratively with other staff members to accomplish goals and objectives of the External Relations division.
- Perform all other duties as required.
- Minimum of four to five years experience managing corporate and foundation donor relationships.
- Strong writing skills. Hands-on experience researching and writing successful foundation proposals.
- A flair for thinking creatively outside of the box, particularly as applied to fundraising opportunities.
- Experience with prospect research and ability to set up a manage and track foundation giving and deadlines through a database.
- Ability to set priorities, manage production schedules and meet deadlines.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree.
- Capital campaign experience, a plus
- Excellent computer skills. Familiarity with Raiser's Edge, a plus.
- Experience with or knowledge of social service/hunger issues is a plus.
Feeding America - 18 months ago