Job Title: Senior Manager, Internal Communications
Job ID: 16292
Location: Columbus,OH, US
Line of Business: Alliance Data
Description of Duties
General Statement of Duties: This role leads internal communications and associate brand development and delivery for Alliance Data Retail Services, with an audience of over 4,000 associates across all Retail Services locations. This role is responsible for enhancing the associate brand, developing an internal communications strategy and communications vehicles, and ensuring timely and relevant delivery of key information to internal audiences. This role leads a team of internal marketing and communications professionals, supporting team members’ growth and success. This high-visibility role must be able to independently interact with senior-level executives, and represent the communications function across the business.
Supervision received: Reports to Sr. Director, Interactive & Brand Marketing
Supervision exercised: Manages the team of internal communications professionals
Examples of Duties:
* Develops a family of branded internal communications vehicles, and manages a timely and high-quality delivery.
* Is the steward of our internal associate brand, ensuring that all internal communications are on message. Partners with the external brand marketing team to ensure brand and message alignment and consistency across all audiences.
* Creates and manages an internal communications calendar, synthesizing communications requirements from across the organization to ensure a meaningful delivery to associates.
* Oversees the partnership with key internal clients, including Human Resources and Customer Care, to provide communications solutions to meet their business needs.
* Leads a team of internal marketing communications professionals, demonstrating a commitment to evolving and advancing each individuals contribution and success.
* Oversees internal events, from messaging to presentation and video creation to delivery.
* Serves as a senior leader on the Branding & Communications team. Generates and manages annual marketing plan and budget for functional area.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* While this is a leadership role, “hands-on” abilities are required. Must have demonstrated marketing-communication competencies including strong business/marketing writing, brand strategy, and creative direction experience.
* Experience with internal communications across a broad associate base is required.
* Experience with a broad range of communications tools required, including print publications, email, video, intranet, social media, environmental and other.
* Must be able to synthesize information from multiple sources, and to create the “story line” or to identify and craft key messages.
* Must be able to influence and lead, including managing and orchestrating project participants outside of the team. Strong speaking and presentation skills required.
* Ability to provide excellent customer service to a variety of individuals on all organizational levels, serving as a marketing communications consultant or “internal agency” to internal partners.
* Must have experience with branding and brand strategy, to serve as a steward of our brand and to continuously identify new opportunities to communicate.
* Must be driven to continuously identify new approaches and solutions; a high level of creativity and a proactive approach are required.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, marketing, communications or equivalent related education and/or experience required. MBA or other advanced degree a plus.
Experience: 10+ years professional work experience in marketing communications field required, in corporate and/or agency settings with a strong focus on internal communications. Must have demonstrated success in leading and managing a team of associates.
Compensation and Benefits
Alliance Data offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon succesful completion of credit and background checks.
About Our Team
Let's face it; it's a brand loyal world we're living in, which is why Alliance Data Retail Services offers integrated private label and co-brand credit card programs enhanced by integrated marketing services. We manage over 90 credit programs for America's most recognized retailers, helping them sell more and improve customer loyalty.
Alliance Data® and its combined businesses (including Epsilon® and LoyaltyOne®) is North America’s largest and most comprehensive provider of transaction-based, data-driven marketing and loyalty solutions, driving business growth and profitability for some of today’s most recognizable brands, such as HSN, J. Crew, The Buckle, and Eddie Bauer, among others. Alliance Data helps its clients create and increase customer loyalty through marketing-driven solutions that engage millions of customers each day across multiple touch points using traditional, digital, mobile and other emerging technologies. Headquartered in Dallas, Alliance Data is a stable, rapidly growing company that employs nearly 9,000 associates at more than 50 locations worldwide. To learn more about us, visit http://www.alliancedata.com, or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/AllianceData or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AllianceData.
Alliance Data (NYSE: ADS)is a leading provider of transaction services, credit services and marketing services, managing over 105 million...