The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the manufacturing related activities related to the commercial production of Beachbody’s food and supplement products. This role will also assist in scale up, and resolve production issues. Assures that product sustainability and quality meets internal and external customer requirements.
About Your Duties:
You will be responsible for:
- Technical production, troubleshooting, responsiveness and cost at existing and new Contract Manufacturers. Models optimum technical competencies to inspire an energized, empowered and accountable work force.
- Providing technical support and expertise to the manufacturing operations on an as needed basis to solve problems and enhance manufacturing operations.
- Advising on acceptable functional alternatives when the need arises, able to relay interdepartmentally the acceptability and timing of deviations.
- Developing, implementing and monitoring an annual operating plan with a major focus on continuous performance improvement.
- Implementing programs that reduce process variation to ensure operational effectiveness, quality, consistency and overall equipment efficiency ( OEE ).
- Optimizing business–building initiatives that will drive profitable growth.
- Working with Supply Chain to identify and qualify new materials and material vendors.
- Ensuring safety and environmental compliance in all operations.
- Collaborating with marketing and R&D to integrate the broad, overall objectives for Manufacturing. Developing and implementing plans for production to meet sales forecasts. Communicating objectives to managers and facilitates consensus on team activities and action plans required to meet these objectives. Monitoring the progress of contract manufacturers towards meeting the objectives and providing ongoing feedback to managers on their results against objectives.
- Develop and implement process control and continuous process improvement initiatives across all locations.
- Monitors material levels and material flows to improve productivity, consistency in workflow, yield, improve quality, and to lower throughput and total inventory investment.
- Other responsibilities include ensuring new product development activities are completed on schedule and are in budges and are transitioned into manufacturing successfully. Remaining current on developments in fields of expertise and industry trends. Resolving complex problems and develops original solutions.
About Your Experience:
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 7 years nutrition, pharmaceutical or food manufacturing experience is required.
- BS or higher degree in a technical field (Engineering, Chemistry, etc.) with a preference for an Engineering degree
- Demonstrated experience in managing continuous operations manufacturing processes.
- Must be able to understand and be familiar with applicable Quality Systems Regulation (QSR), GMP/ISO manufacturing practices, manufacturing automation, FDA regulations and other relevant engineering/regulatory/manufacturing requirements.
- A proven track record within manufacturing operations is required.
- Must understand the business model and its strategic implications, directing the manufacturing effort accordingly.
- Understands thoroughly manufacturing cost methods/models.
- Demonstrated history of identifying and continually improving manufacturing performance.
- Proven ability to implement manufacturing best practices
- Demonstrated experience in selecting and developing plant leadership capability
- Financial and broad business acumen
- Exceptional analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong people and organizational leadership
- Procurement and vendor management skills
Beachbody, creator of the nation’s most popular in-home fitness and weight loss solutions including P90X®, Insanity®, and Brazil Butt Lift®, among many others, is a rapidly growing fitness company.
Founded in 1998 on the simple principle of helping people achieve their goals and enjoying healthy, fulfilling lives, Beachbody offers an unprecedented opportunity to be a part of a global movement where your work is valued and measurable.
Decidedly un-corporate, Beachbody encourages employees, or Dudes as we call them, to bring their unique selves to work, employ a progressive mindset, have fun, and G.S.D. (Get Stuff Done). Your personality and willingness to embrace our culture is equally important as your skills and resume. We are passionate about what we do and expect the same from you.
Our founders, Carl Daikeler and Jon Congdon, have created a highly collaborative and energetic atmosphere complete with competitive compensation, bonus opportunities, comprehensive benefits, free Shakeology, hourly fitness classes, and product discounts. Beachbody is an equal opportunity employer and is always looking for humble, top-notch talent prepared to influence positive change.
Beachbody - 2 years ago
Body-conscious consumers keep Beachbody (formerly Product Partners, LLC) busy. Founded in 1998 by CEO Carl Daikeler and president Jon...