The Senior Market Research Manager influences the organization by strategically managing and providing information, intelligence and insights that drive critical business decisions. The Senior Manager leads the collection and interpretation of primary and secondary research and will provide strategic recommendations and insights on the direction of pipeline assets.
The Senior Manager also manages market research initiatives from inception to completion including, but not limited to, identifying the most appropriate market research firms, study design, assisting with the development of the market research tools needed, analyzing and interpreting the data, making recommendations and presenting the findings to the cross functional commercial team.
This position has a significant impact on the financial performance and future of the company. Experience strategically planning, executing and providing insights from the market research studies for new products/pipeline products is critical. Additionally, experience gathering, analyzing, and providing competitive intelligence/insights are also an important aspect of this position. The ability to effectively work in a matrix environment and with cross functional stakeholders is critical.
Proactively communicate with multi-functional teams to anticipate future needs and provide teams with strategic recommendations and insights; and identify information and data needs.
- Proficiency in secondary data analysis using industry sales/usage databases purchased by MedImmune (i.e., NDC, IMS, Ipsos, NDTI, etc.). Must be knowledgeable of other available industry databases in terms of: relevance to our products, collection methodology, sampling, coverage, etc.)
- Deep understanding of pharmaceutical industry marketing and how market research is used to guide product commercialization and lifecycle management.
- Develop market research budget and plans for pipeline products.
- Manage and design qualitative and quantitative market research for pipeline products. Must have market research experience in all stages of product life cycle (i.e., pre-clinical, all phases of product development, pre-launch, launch, growth, maturity, decline).
- Utilize secondary research methods and industry resources (i.e. syndicated reports, web-sites, etc.) to provide competitive intelligence, ad hoc information etc. Must know which resources to turn to and understand the caveats associated with them. Also, have thorough understanding and ability to provide competitive intelligence to cross-functional stakeholders.
- Utilize secondary data sources to provide market assessments on business development deals and manage and design any primary market research needed.
- Experience managing, developing and training personnel.
- Assist in department development (i.e., hiring, operating procedures, development planning, training, etc.)
- 4 year University degree in Business, or Biology/Chemistry/Statistics with some core business courses. MBA or equivalent business experience required.
MedImmune - 24 months ago
MedImmune works to boost the immune systems of babies and grown-ups. Its flagship biotech product, Synagis, prevents respiratory syncytial...