Baxter’s BioScience division is a leading producer of both plasma-based and recombinant clotting factors for hemophilia, as well as biopharmaceuticals used to treat immune deficiencies, alpha 1 antitrypsin deficiency and other blood-related disorders. Baxter also produces vaccines for the prevention of infectious diseases, as well as biosurgery products used for hemostasis and tissue-sealing in surgery. Baxter BioScience's breadth and depth of expertise in recombinant protein manufacturing, plasma fractionation and proprietary Vero-cell vaccine manufacturing technologies set it apart from other companies in these fields.
The Manager/Senior Manager, Specialty Therapeutics will participate as a key member of the Biosimilar Global Project Teams to enable high-quality, timely strategic leadership from the business franchise to successfully drive the programs.
Baxter provides its employees with comprehensive compensation and benefits.
- Commercial Strategy & Product/Pipeline Planning:
- Pl ay a key role in project teams and drive products - market analysis, forecasting, competitive analysis, accelerated registration strategies, etc.
- Provide assessment and valuation of opportunities for the biosimilar candidates throughout the world. Build the internal knowledge around biosimilars across the organization & provide recommendations on marketing strategies.
- Identify trends, opportunities and threats (worldwide and in key local markets) for product group and propose corresponding measures.
- Create, validate and refine audit based and patient-based forecasts and communicate revenue information accordingly. Leverage secondary and primary market research techniques to accomplish the above.
- Manage team relationships with internal stakeholders including R&D, Finance, Business Development, Forecasting, Market Research and external stakeholders including selected opinion leaders, advocacy organizations, government and other stakeholders.
- Collection & Interpretation of Competitive Intelligence:
- Support decision making with detailed analysis of competitive intelligence in context of evolving market landscape, clinical development outcomes and established regulatory precedent
- Partner with competitive intelligence function to develop clear and contemporaneous reports for internal core team and executive management
- Develop and maintain a body of benchmarks and case studies relevant to emerging biosimilars competition
- Strategic Planning and Operations:
- Develop and share broadly a comprehensive understanding of the future landscape for biosimilars and underlying behaviors of key decision makers
- Understand potential dimensions along which Baxter can successfully differentiate and compete with a biosimilar or other ‘closely related’ product
- Partner with functional support groups (e.g. Market Research, competitive intelligence, health economics, etc.) and project sub-teams like manufacturing, clinical, regulatory etc. to support strategic decision making across functional areas to help maximize commercial success.
- A business and/or science background and degree is required. An MBA with a focus in marketing or equivalent experience, including forecasting, is desirable.
- 5 years experience in the healthcare industry; experience in biopharmaceuticals and/or management consulting preferred. Experience in pipeline planning or pharmaceutical marketing highly desired.
- Individual must possess excellent communications, strong analytical skills, and the ability to bridge marketing and science. The individual must demonstrate the ability to work cross-functionally and across organizations, to align interests of multiple parties, and to be adaptable in a new and evolving area of the business.
To view other opportunities at Baxter and to learn more about the company, please visit our Web site at http://www.baxter.com/about_baxter/careers .
Quirk's - 2 years ago
axter International Inc. (NYSE: BAX), is an American health care company with headquarters in Deerfield, Illinois. The company primarily...