This position will be responsible for the research, development and prototyping of In-store and Windows marketing collateral for the Gap Brands. This position will provide production direction that meet regional budget targets while maintaining the creative vision and intent. The position will be responsible for managing R&D budget for seasonal set ups. This candidate will be responsible for researching new technology and materials for In-store and Windows marketing programs that can be utilized across regions. Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to negotiate price and timelines that meet In-store dates and company goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Clear and effective communications with key BP’s (Vendors/Suppliers, Marketing BP’s) to:
- Source, develop and manage projects from project inception to regional hand-offs
- Develop strong partnerships for effective decision making and issue resolution.
- Maneuver through complex business situations effectively and professionally to anticipate and overcome barriers to success.
- Attend all weekly cross-functional meetings.
- Production, scheduling and budgeting of all Marketing programs across sub-brands
- Forecast projects by obtaining estimates with various print and production suppliers.
- Develop annual R&D budgets based on previous year’s performance.
- Ensure proper and timely delivery for corporate and studio set ups.
- Review weekly budget status and keep track of accruals.
- Communicate regularly budget status and limitations to regional business partners.
- Determine opportunities for cost savings and efficiencies in production in order to pass along ideas for tiering strategies within regions.
- Lead color process across marketing and attend press checks as needed.
- Collaborate with regional Print Production teams to ensure consistent quality and color across all areas of production.
- Educate the Creative Services Team on advances in printing that will allow for wider range of creative ideas.
- Superior decision making, troubleshooting, negotiating, influencing and interpersonal skills
- In-store print production experience including signage, posters and POP.
- The ability to troubleshoot artwork files before they are sent to the vendor.
- Ability to communicate to all levels of Gap Inc. including vendors.
- Approaches conflicts as opportunities; understands others quickly; can find common ground without comprising total position.
- Ability to manage outside vendors.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- People and development management experience.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic knowledge in Adobe Illustrator, Quark, Adobe Acrobat and Photoshop
- Strong computer background specifically in with Excel, Word and FileMaker Pro
- BA/BS degree in print production or related field required
- At least 4-5 years pre-press and print production management experience:
- Screen Printing
- Digital Production
- 4-5 years experience in managing vendor relationships.
- Ability to travel domestically
GAP GLOBAL NA
Doris and Don Fisher opened the first Gap store in 1969 with a simple idea — to make it easier to find a pair of jeans and a commitment to...