Job Title: Mgr, Strategic Plng/Execution
Job Family Group (Function): Strategy
Job Family: Strategic Planning/ Execution
Job Family Summary
Business Transformation is responsible for the transformation and execution of business processes, underlying information technology and supporting infrastructure to drive operational excellence and support the strategic objectives of the organization.
Accountabilities in this role
Reporting to the Business Transformation Director, this position is accountable for leading cross-functional teams on projects that manage the strategic process design and strategic project/program execution across all business lines.
This is a key support role in multiple strategic and tactical initiatives across the enterprise. Under the general guidance of the Business Transformation Director, effectively manage strategic projects through the entire project life cycle, including project initiation, execution, delivery, business value recognition and validation, and eventual retirement of the project deliverables.
• Lead a team of project managers, managing a portfolio of project work and overseeing the timelines, deliverables and quality of the projects managed by the Business Transformation team.
• Utilize business process management, process improvement, and project management methodologies to successfully deliver business value through strategic project initiatives.
• Responsible for the oversight and direct management of the planning, executing, and evaluating projects according to predetermined timelines and budgets; accountable for project results along with the Project Sponsor.
• Work with Project Sponsor and Stakeholders to complete project charter outlining the scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, budget, and timing.
• Complete work break down structure to estimate effort required for each task.
• Provide a project schedule to identify when each task will be performed.
• Clearly communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders.
• Effectively manage project scope by ensuring any changes to scope are documented, approved, and managed within the context of the overall project.
• Track and report on project milestones to project team and stakeholders.
• Lead, coach, and motivate project team members on a proactive basis.
• Determine how results will be measured and complete a post-project evaluation to determine how well results were achieved.
• Safely crash unsuccessful or re-prioritized projects.
• Ensure all project documents are safely archived following project completion.
• Develop and manage tools and best practices for project management.
• Establish and maintain close working relationship with IT PMO.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, information systems, or related field required.
• MBA with project management and information systems background preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of managing enterprise-wide process and systems integration.
• Experience in Lean Six Sigma, Business Process Management, or other process improvement methodologies.
• Experienced in matrix/shared services environments.
• Ability to mobilize teams to solve complex business challenges.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, specifically related to business and technical writing.
• Ability to use and analyze data to identify process improvement opportunities.
• Strong organizational skills, follow through and demonstrated leadership.
• Strong customer service orientation towards internal and external customers.
• Ability to use personal influence to build positive working relationships with subject matter experts.
• Team player, collaborative, adaptable, and flexible with work hours.
• Demonstrated ability to lead diverse project teams to successful outcomes.