Want a company with a real vision?
Our people make the difference in our success. Our vision is to provide Total Lifetime care to every pet, every parent, every time. We can't achieve this vision without the right people - they make the difference in our business and our success. Every associate plays a role in achieving our success by focusing on our three strategic priorities - delighting our customers, growing pet services and operating excellence. Here at the Store Support Group, you could play a key role in supporting these strategic initiatives.
Today, PetSmart has over 1200 store locations, with many more scheduled to open soon. We continue to grow at our Corporate Headquarters which means great opportunities for a professional such as you!
Benefits of working with PetSmart
In addition to a competitive salary, PetSmart associates are eligible for health benefits, 401K options, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off, training and development, and an associate discount at all PetSmart stores!
PetSmart is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce, sustaining an inclusive and supportive work environment, and prohibiting harassment and discrimination in all aspects of employment. PetSmart participates in background, drug and E-Verify screenings as appropriate under Company policies and applicable law.
This position leads the Company's corporate philanthropy initiatives and serves as a key leader in PetSmart's community relations, government affairs, and PR activities. This position must understand the Company's business processes to be able to successfully partner cross-functionally with other business units related to business opportunities and threats to the PetSmart brand.
There are no supervisory responsibilities at this time. However, this position will manage the Company's relationships with certain community groups, philanthropic organizations, vendors, and outside public affairs firms retained by the Company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
• Prepare media talking points, community relations/corporate philanthropy strategies, policy one pagers and/or other collateral material to support government affairs, philanthropy and community relations initiatives.
• Implement corporate philanthropy initiatives that leverage PetSmart corporate funds in key communities across PetSmart's key markets.
• Manage the United Way and volunteer components of PetSmart's "Be the Difference" campaign.
• Build and maintain solid relationships with community groups, philanthropic organizations, trade associations, industry groups and lawmakers (as needed) to advance the PetSmart brand.
• Work with leaders across the Company to implement critical public affairs initiatives in advance of new market entry.
• Successfully communicate industry-specific concerns to trade groups, lawmakers, and lobbying agencies retained on behalf of the Company, as needed.
• Monitor and review the work of outside vendors retained to perform public affairs work on behalf of the Company.
• When appropriate, conduct grass roots/community initiatives related to opposing or supporting various proposed legislation with minimal oversight from the Director of Public Affairs.
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university required. 8-10 years of prior experience in corporate philanthropy, community relations, and public affairs preferred. Must have an interest and/or experience in the areas of community relations, corporate philanthropy, public relations and government affairs. Proven track record of leadership and management experience required. Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills required. Ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines and budgets is a requirement. The ability to interface successfully with all levels of management within PetSmart (including Senior Leadership) and with outside professionals is required, as is a high degree of strategic thinking.
A high level of proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, including but not limited to PowerPoint, is highly desired.
Submit Resume | Use Our Resume Builder
Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend
Print Job Details
Want to create a job search agent ?
Job Cart Directions
Interested in more than one position? Great! Instead of submitting multiple resumes, when you find a position that interests you, all you need to do is click on ADD JOB TO CART. At the bottom of the screen, you will see the positions you have added to your cart. When you are done searching, click on CHECKOUT & SUBMIT RESUME. If you have changed your mind and want to remove a position, you will be able to on the Resume Submittal Form, or click on CLEAR CART to start over. You are limited to selecting up to 5 jobs per location.
Check out &
PetSmart - 23 months ago
PetSmart, Inc. is a specialty provider of products, services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. The Company has identified a...