Senior Manager, QA and Release Performance will lead QA activities for our Enterprise BI and Analytics Platform and will lead and be responsible for the evolution and scale of on-time, high quality releases and processes so that we continue to deliver value to all business stakeholders as efficiently and as seamlessly as possible. He or she is a proven enterprise software quality assurance leader who can be hands-on, lead QA teams and collaborate closely with IT and business users in a tightly knit development focus team to deliver world class enterprise solutions on time and with high quality. A strong desire for quality, attention to details and ability to quickly understand how the products work is imperative. This role will be responsible for a team of analysts and testers, ensuring the quality of the solution being deployed to BI and Analytics platform. QA and Release Manager will also conduct risk assessment, risk management, quality assurance functions, write reports. This role will also be responsible for defining and enforcing SOX and SAS compliance controls for changes to code lines and production environments. In addition to managing releases, this person will drive definition and evolution of release processes and automation to optimize efficiency and quality while meeting the demands of rapid growth. You'll be responsible for coordinating communication and maintaining transparency throughout the process. You will also identify ways to improve the QA team's process and tools in order to make the team more efficient and effective in their quest to squash bugs early and track QA metrics, develop test strategies and managing the overall test effort. We are looking for someone who is passionate about analytics, thrives in an evolving environment, brings an enthusiastic, collaborative and fun attitude, and delights in making a difference. This role will be instrumental in ensuring our BI and Analytics platform empower department leadership with the information they need to manage the business.
• Define, develop and implement QA industry best practices to include test plans, process, automation, performance and metrics
• Translate BI and Analytics platform requirements and designs into effective test plans, scripts, automation, and performance
• Lead execution of test plans, scripts, automation, and performance for full test coverage to deliver highest product quality
• Maintain and report product test status and metrics to include code coverage, function coverage, project plans, test cases/plans; identify risks and offer mitigation plans to ensure on-time delivery.
• Accountable for oversight, planning, and direction of quality assurance and compliance activities
• Manage and Lead Quality Assurance team, including the preparation and delivery of individual performance evaluations and career development activities.
• Provide definition, development, and deployment of the BI and Analytics platform quality assurance strategy.
• Developing and documenting an automated testing strategy and implement ongoing quality improvement processes. Execute test scenarios, verifying results and output, and documenting variances and discrepancies.
• Capture issues raised during the release process and be sure they're tracked to resolution
• Manage complex testing projects and provide objective information about the quality of each release
• Drive the end-to-end release process - for weekly planned releases, and unscheduled hotfix releases and provide status to all stakeholders.
• Own the end-to-end release checklist - to ensure on-time and effective delivery of high-quality releases.
• Define and maintain release schedules and milestones.
• Communicate plans, status, and issues to Stakeholders.
• Proactively identify risks and assist teams to resolve issues impacting the deployment.
• Provide transparency to teams about changes going out in the release, possible risks, and steps taken to mitigate these.
• Continuously improve the release processes and strengthen the definition of release readiness.
• Define & manage code change control processes.
• Help establish policies around release activities and make decisions based on those policies.
• Help identify changes in the release process to improve quality and agility
• Provide career guidance and growth opportunities for members of the QA team
• Review, analyze, evaluate, and document business systems and user requirements.
• Partner with cross functional business units to build solutions that solve critical data, reporting and analytical challenges thereby, support and improve the decision making process.
• Develop QA standards, guidelines, and processes
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or other Math and Science related fields. M.S. Degree or equivalent professional experience is preferred
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates): None
• 7-10 years of end-to-end enterprise QA engineering, analysis, and testing experience.
3-5 years of release management experience in a software development environment. ( preferred in BI and Analytics function) .
• 3-5 years of experience in a lead or managerial capacity
• Direct hands-on experience with ad hoc query programs, automated testing tools, and reporting software
• Proven ability to manage quality assurance team to structure formal test plans, scripts, execution and defect resolution processes
• Strong analytical skills and experience with implementation and administration of quality assurance metrics, such as defect profiles, test execution progress and results reports
• Experience in creating test automation, stress testing and formalizing QA practices.
• Proven expertise and success with various QA engineering, analysis, testing methodologies and software development lifecycles
• Strong understanding of dimensional modeling and data warehousing concepts and methodologies
• Provide expertise in Quality Assurance and process improvement tools and methods to the other functions of the organization to support them in their continuous improvement activities
• Study, investigate and recommend new or leading-edge technologies, methods, tools and procedures on the fields of quality assurance and continuous improvement to proactively address changes in the business environment
• Lead the initiatives of the operation in the development, implementation and improvement of the appropriate Quality Management Systems throughout the organization, with all the documentation required. This includes providing advanced quality planning support in the development
• Analyze key organizational quality metrics and perform periodical reviews to evaluate results and establish action plans to close the gaps
• Manage the performance and provide career development opportunities to all the employees within the quality function of the organization
• Proven experience with building efficient business processes and delivering project which improve end-user productivity while maintaining appropriate business controls
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Deep understanding of data modeling principles
• Strong working knowledge of operational business processes
• Ability to translate information and data into actionable strategies to support growth
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to resolve complex business and technical issues
• Highly collaborative and strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Excellent research, analysis and problem-solving skills
• High level attention to detail
• A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
• Ability to adapt to a fast paced continually changing business and work environment while managing multiple priorities
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and SQL
WORK ENVIRONMENT/OTHER INFORMATION (Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, etc.)
• Minimal travel required
• Work in clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Since 1988, thousands of companies throughout the United States and Canada have placed their trust in TriNet to help them manage their Human Resources more strategically and cost-effectively. We give our customers the economies of scale they need to access and deploy Fortune 500-caliber payroll, benefits, and HR services. TriNet has a nationwide presence, an experienced management team, and belongs to the Inc. Magazine Hall of Fame for being one of the fastest growing, privately-held companies for five consecutive years. We are a mature organization that embraces and rewards both bold strategy and disciplined execution.
TriNet - 4 months ago