This position is responsible for developing and executing the corporate real estate portfolio strategy for the enterprise across North America and supporting where required global expansion opportunities. It is the responsibility of this position to partner with business units and key support teams (including Economic Incentives, IT, Finance, HR, Legal, Risk, etc) to ensure that corporate real estate strategies support the strategic goals of the company, including:
- Labor cost / availability
- Operating expenses
- Operating flexibility and speed to market
- Infrastructure reliability, business continuity and disaster recovery
- Space standards and workspace planning
- Lead cross-functionally to create global property and asset strategies that proactively support and enhance the strategic goals of each line of business and the attainment of corporate strategic and tactical goals.
- Leverage in-depth knowledge of real estate and financial markets to deliver value to the enterprise. Pro-actively monitor industry trends and best practices to identify opportunities and create execution plans. Analyze complex information in a high change environment to deliver optimal strategic outcomes.
- Develop and deliver concise and impactful executive-level presentations to support strategic decision making.
- Lead global real estate and facilities team and external partners (brokers, vendors, etc) to achieve global real estate strategies, in compliance with all relevant regulations, standards and processes and consistent with Asurion’s Core Values. Lead negotiations with external parties to achieve business objectives.
- Support a safe, robust and productive corporate operating environment compliant with all relevant processes, regulations, standards, and best practices.
- Select, develop, and maintain vendor strategies and relationships and where beneficial support the outsourcing of non-core functions
- Identify, attract and retain talent in required core competencies, support outsourcing of non-core competencies where beneficial.
- Support creation and management of annual operating budgets and project budgets. Support creation and management of long term strategic plans (3YP, 5YP, etc) as req’d.
- Follow and where necessary create or modify procedures and processes to ensure a robust control and compliance environment for all work.
BS Required, with focus in engineering, business, or finance/accounting desired
MBA or MS desired
Brokerage license, real estate, and/or project management certifications a plus
10+ years of experience in a high impact corporate strategy or analytic decision support role
8+ years experience managing a team of 10 or more employees
Relevant experience in Corporate Real Estate and Facilities functions including site acquisition/disposition, lease negotiation, real estate project management.
Significant experience in business operations (Supply Chain, Care, Manufacturing, etc) and/or corporate finance a plus.
This position may require that you hold a valid insurance license. Failure to pass the insurance license exam or an inability to obtain or maintain the required license(s) will result in forfeiture of the position.
If you are not currently licensed, but have taken and failed the insurance licensing exam or have otherwise been unable to complete the licensing application process
you will not be considered for this position.
For two decades, Asurion has led the technology protection industry around the globe. The Company provides premier support solutions to...