Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Provides input and drives the globalscientific communications plan for company products within specified therapeutic area. Supports the efficient planning, tracking and timely dissemination of key data and demonstrates the ability to manage multiple projects. Establishes strong partnerships with medical thought leaders, investigators/authors, and internal cross-functional stakeholders. Accountable for the timelines and working closely with all key stakeholders to ensure expert input and overall quality of written, global communications, including but not limited to publications, abstracts, oral presentations, and publication summaries.
Provides appropriate direction on all projects to medical communication agencies and consultants to support their timely and cost-effective development and demonstrates ability to provide clear, concise status updates to management and internal partners. Writes a significant amount of time and demonstrates the ability to interpret scientific/clinical data and develop quality publications. Applies disease-area and product expertise to a wide variety of cross-functional projects. Contributes significantly to publication planning process, in support of the Director, Scientific Communications.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Provides scientific/clinical direction, manages and delivers on global scientific communications plan.
2. Manages relationships with both internal and external stakeholders and ensures expert input during development of team deliverables.
3. Establishes strong partnership with global medical thought leaders, patient advocacy groups, and professional societies to drive current and future collaborations,
4. Develops and reviews manuscripts, abstracts, posters, slide presentations, and other documents to ensure appropriate evaluation and presentation of data, methodology, interpretation, and alliance with business objectives.
5. Demonstrates ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously in a timely and cost-efficient manner and demonstrates ability to provide clear, concise status updates to management and internal partners.
6. Develops content and reviews slides for clarity, accuracy, and interpretation.
7. Demonstrates disease state expertise and knowledge of current medical and/or regulatory issues related to company products.
8. Serves as internal resource on molecule and/or disease state publications to support cross-functional strategies.
9. Manages funds and resources appropriately.
1. Conducts business in accordance with Celgene Values. Completes all assigned SOPs and training within designated timeframe and adheres to job-specific SOPs and work instructions.
2. Identifies and reports any adverse events (AEs) in accordance with Corporate policy and procedures.
3. Assists in the overall training of new Scientific Communications personnel and ensures key activities are incorporated as part of the training.
4. Attends external meetings and educational seminars to enhance therapeutic area knowledge and broaden pharmaceutical industry experience.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
- Ability to conceptually organize and analyze data, interpret, and synthesize complex clinical and non-clinical statistical reports to derive key outcomes and messages; ability to translate scientific and technical issues for diverse audiences,
- Experience or background in working within the pharmaceutical industry, awareness of compliance issues and guidelines around medical education and publications,
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary teams to ensure execution of deliverable successfully
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Flexible, with positive attitude, strong ability to multi task, prioritize projects effectively and communicate at all levels within the company
- Some travel required to represent company at medical conferences, presentations, and other meetings
Req ID: 14000129
- Scientific or Medical Degree (OCN, BS, MS, Pharm D, PhD, MD) preferred
- Minumum of Bachelor's degree required.
- Publication/medical writing experience required
- Relevant therapeutic background/clinical experience preferred
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Warren
Job: Scientific Communication
Organization: Celgene Corporation
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting: 2014-01-21 00:00:00.0
Celgene - 10 months ago
Celgene is delivering innovative therapies to patients with unmet medical needs in cancer and inflammatory diseases.