Represent the Security Division with regard to ballpark security and safeguarding of all uniformed personnel through the effective management of the Resident Security Agent and the Authentication programs. Be vigilant in ensuring the highest level of professional integrity is achieved. Make assessments of MLB venues and office complexes with the objective of accomplishing best security practices and fortifying all assets to the highest extent possible.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Oversee the Security Department management team and their respective areas of responsibilities.
- Responsible for regional oversight of the Resident Security Agent (RSA) Program, including, evaluation, training and report writing.
- Coordinate and oversee all security resources relative to international events including liaison with State Department, foreign law enforcement officials, consultants, and MLB International staff.
- Manage the Authentication Program in the areas of scheduling, integrity and management of personnel. Interface with the Licensing Department to coordinate training and technology efforts.
- Responsible for developing security plans for all jewel events. This includes assuring security at the ballpark, headquarters, player hotels and all hospitality and entertainment venues as appropriate
- Review, design and participate in all training initiatives conducted by the department. Monitor the documentation of the department’s training efforts to ensure that all goals and objectives are attained.
- Provide services to players and other baseball staff relative to issues of security or law enforcement matters.
- Provide input in all areas of security, including but not limited to technology, physical security, policies, and procedures, etc. within MLB office facilities and other assets worldwide.
- Review and maintain a database of the field security plans for the thirty teams.
- Prepare and critique confidential reports. Strong writing and verbal skills required.
- Participate in the business continuity and crisis response plan for MLB in the primary security role and provide resources to teams in development of their respective plans as needed.
- Liaison with teams in the areas of Clubhouse security issues and procedures.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Extensive Law Enforcement background is required (10 year minimum)
- Counterfeit and financial fraud experience
- Liaison experience with government officials, task forces and police departments
- Analytical and strong computer and technical background
- Detail oriented, highly organized and excellent presentation skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to have visionary input of organizational needs
- Strong investigative background to coordinate with the DOI
Major League Baseball - 18 months ago